Search results

1. Jaxjax

JBL SRX 918S new version... anyone used it.?

Seems the new dsp in these would be capable.? Wi-Fi capable control of seemingly of anything that matters in intriguing for the $...
  2. Jaxjax

Instrument seperation ..how do we read this in the measurements. ?

What should I be looking at in the measurements posted here & at Erin's to establish if a speaker in likely to have good instruments separation with great detail across the board. I'm not speaking of bright dull or flat..but in a literal sense of the above. I'm not overly interested in stage...
  3. Jaxjax

mono summing to single active speaker

I would like to use 1 of my Behringer 3031a speakers with a Kali MV-BT controler out doors while I putter around outside. Is there a cheap summing device I can use for this so I don't have to pack the pair out.? I see Radial has something that would work but it's $300 ish for that. I'll go that...
  4. Jaxjax

British Grove Studio's

A tour of this amazing studio popped up on my Youtube feed last night. The tour was hosted by 2- of the engineers & the versatility of this studio is over the top. The 7.1 capable ATC system on tracks is crazy. Mark Knopfler owns it I think. All the isolation rooms can be open to a single area...
  5. Jaxjax

KRK Rokit 5-7 & 8 gen 5 .?

Anyone get their hands on one of these yet .?
  6. Jaxjax

Grado... how many of you run em ?

I would have just done a poll but I can't get it to work. How many of ya run Grado carts.? I do & tried a few modern carts before it on my Feickert /Jelco 950 arm Even a Hana MC & hear the appeal of MC but... then I tried a Sonata 3 & it's been on ever since & almost time to get another. That...
  7. Jaxjax

Recording studios picture thread...

Can we just have a thread on pictures of recording studios of the world without it spinning into the negative? Lets try... Kerwax
  8. Jaxjax

Any of the SRX800 series JBL worth pursing for home hifi .?

I have read what was measured here on the srx835P which seemed like it didn't do that great, ..but I EQ everything anyway.? Some of the others seem to have better measurements but don't go as low. anyone running these at home.? I've ran older SR series at home before & it wasn't horrific. Joe
  9. Jaxjax

Core 59 to KH 420 ?

What has me stumped is going on 4 years with Core 59's which don't measure that well supposedly but astound me each & every sitting which is every other day or so. I can easily jump to KH 420 or equivalent Genelec but is there a guranteed jump in performance that actualy makes a differance ?. I...
  10. Jaxjax

3-4 way active project

I would like to start a 3-4 way active speaker project as I'm semi-retired & it would be a 3rd system in house. I'm not trying to beat my existing systems as its all for fun. For parts on hand I have 3- Yamaha P2500S amps 2- ScanSpeak D2905/9500 new in box I would need to source rest of...
  11. Jaxjax

Speaker stands.. what is ASR's take on it.?

I just weld my own up & fill. Then use large rubber bottle stoppers under speakers, floor sliders under stands & done. I have however tried all kinds of crazy crap & want to know what ASR members have measured when using different stands or methods of coupling ,decoupling, spiked ,steel, wood...
  12. Jaxjax

Dynaudio core 59's with a single quad core sub.?

I have had the 59's for several years, I think going on 4. I have them set up to my liking & have ran Dirac live with them but prefer to just use my Elysia EQ with em. My question is I'm thinking to get the core quad sub & put it between the 2- 59's w/ the sub drivers firing sideways. These core...
  13. Jaxjax

A good super flexible speaker cable terminated with banana terminal ?

I usualy just run ProCo & some Mogami for all my cables in main system as I run pro gear there. ProCo doesn't seems to have speaker cables that are separate banana jacks on speaker side, only 3/4 spaced solid unit which the Audio Physic spark III speakers Im using in bedroom are not, there like...
  14. Jaxjax

Wanting to use AES3 inputs on Dynaudio core 59's

I am wanting to try using the aes3 inputs of my Dynaudio core 59's via my laptop for streaming amazon ultra hd material. I'm using a NAD c658 now & get excellent results but always think to try my laptop & AES & or WORD clock. I've looked at RME products & wonder if this would work for usb to...
Top Bottom