Search results

1. Jaxjax

Electrostatic speakers?

You still run the Ripole subs with em .?
  2. Jaxjax

MoFi SourcePoint 10 - Review & Measurements by Erin

Erin put in an order for a pair of the 888
  3. Jaxjax

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I always dream to stumble upon one I can afford...It will never happen unless someone makes a mistake & I would probably tell them of it & still would have one..lol For now I just listen to Joe Bonamassa play his..
  4. Jaxjax

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

I've watched this transpire too. I praise what ASR has done for my pet peeve which is cables tests which show no one needs expensive cables be it power or anything else & that $ can be spent on speakers as it should be. The positive use of EQ around here is also greatly appreciated. I remember...
  5. Jaxjax

Subwoofer Comparison

JBL SRX 918S new version...anyone familiar with it..? Seems like alot of control for the $...
  6. Jaxjax

JBL SRX 918S new version... anyone used it.?

Seems the new dsp in these would be capable.? Wi-Fi capable control of seemingly of anything that matters in intriguing for the $...
  7. Jaxjax

MoFi SourcePoint 10 - Review & Measurements by Erin

The 888 are tempting me...I run Dynaudio in main now but I could live with these by there side. There 5k for pair ?
  8. Jaxjax

Horns - Necessary to complete the Audiophile Journey?

Klangfilm has always interested me, I've had their amps but never the drivers or horns.
  9. Jaxjax

Grado... how many of you run em ?

I fully agree with that . The 3 actual exceeded what I wanted when I fired it up. I'm probably getting close to replacement time so I'll call Grado & see what my trade it will knock off new Sonata 3 . They told me but can't remember how much
  10. Jaxjax

Not bright... at least mine isn't. I talked with Grado a long while on phone before I got mine & told them my likes & dislikes. I also do not have to change EQ setting between digital stream & vinyl play .
  11. Jaxjax

I'm simply getting another Sonata 3 when mine burns up..good enough for me it seems. I couldn't stand the MC Hana I had ...that HF rise in not cool to me. I do about 50/50 digital stream & vinyl. I will however give a shout out to Feickert TT's.... Very very good tables. Wish I would have...
  12. Jaxjax

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

That is one seriously funny video...thanks for posting it :cool:
  13. Jaxjax

Horns sound this way? Ribbons sound that way?

One can have a run of bad speakers that are unpleasant that all have had metal domes & to undo that in your head is tough....I know better because of measurements & such but it's still in the back of my head...I've had ALOT of bad tilted & rip your head off speakers that all had metal domes...
  14. Jaxjax

Instrument seperation ..how do we read this in the measurements. ?

I suppose I used a to generalized term with separation as it is more then that as I think your saying. The speakers I use in main are not blurred per say in any way that I perceive & seemingly translates all the baked in goods on any track. I have had many many that do not & were more in the...
  15. Jaxjax

Totally happy happy with detail & separation of all baked in goods. If it's a total room thing then I'll just move on but I suspect it's not.?
  16. Jaxjax

Lots of good info ...thanks. I always ponder what I posted but couldn't find an answer I was comfortable with from searching.....yet. What I have now in main does extremely well with this & it's a cone-dome 3-way active dsp jobbie. My room sorta sucks as no effort in any room treatment. I...
  17. Jaxjax

I'll do some reading on the narrow directivity & the low multitone distortion.
  18. Jaxjax

What should I be looking at in the measurements posted here & at Erin's to establish if a speaker in likely to have good instruments separation with great detail across the board. I'm not speaking of bright dull or flat..but in a literal sense of the above. I'm not overly interested in stage...
Top Bottom