Search results

1. SegaCD

Initial Data On The Dual-AK4499-Based Gustard DAC-A22

I've been in the market for a new DAC, specifically one that supports i2s-over-HDMI (for my new Oppo modification) & also AES3 (for a Panasonic DAT unit). Since the new AK4499 IC is rolling out with some really nice theoretical specs, I thought I'd wait for an implementation of it. It seems like...
  2. SegaCD

Best CD Player To Use As Transport?

I'm looking to retire my old Sony CDP-C801ES CD player for a (stereo) DAC + transport combo. The ol' workhorse single-handledly defeated all CD/DVD/BD players that I compared it to. It easily provided a much more pleasing CD listening experience...until the other day when I ran my LG BH200...
  3. SegaCD

Converting HDMI Sources for a DAC

I have an absolutely wonderful vintage stereo integrated amplifier that I use with living room video set-up; however, I just realized that my TV only outputs 48kHz PCM via optical (which I had hooked up to my DAC) no matter what the source is. It's terrible that it took me a few years to realize...
  4. SegaCD

Hello, Thank You, & a Little Bit of Showing Off! :)

Hi everyone! I'm SegaCD and from the mid-western USA. I've been visiting Audio Science Review for a while especially when I want some measurements with regards to DACs! Until recently, I've focused on physical media and placed network media second (mostly because it was out of my price...
Top Bottom