Search results

1. H

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

Yes of course and that´s why there is discussion. No need to call me "silly". As for your argument, it only holds, if the effect is linear, which I dont think it is given the quite "erratic" impendence responses of some speakers.
  2. H

Yes as I said, price and features are great, technologically not so much and therefore value is relative and very individual.
  3. H

Ok I understand the consistency argument. They are just technologically inferior vs. SOTA especially as it also might be audible under certain load conditions as opposed devices with more consistent FR but slightly less SINAD. Maybe, not in this thread, one could start a discussion, what FR...
  4. H

Yes great features and good price. Load dependent FR (and okish SINAD at only 20.5dB) is a „poor“ for me. I am surprised it got a „recommended“ as that doesn’t seem consistent with other reviews.
  5. H

Is it audiophoolia to care about SINAD differences which have no correlation in blind listening tests? H2/H3 distortion 'enriches the sound'?

I said it before in the “crave distortion” thread. Personally, if I want to add audible distortion or any effects to the music, I do that with a DAW and not with some DACs or amps as neither are great effect machines and one can not control the effect. But that I wouldn’t call Hifi anymore...
  6. H

How to EQ this monstrosity?

I don’t know and I would have to look it up too. The R3 was measured by Erin and I am sure you can find some measurements on the Bronze too. But again. There are simply physical limits. Plus if a speaker has elevated highs it can also contribute to the impression of lack of bass. Meanwhile try...
  7. H

Is it audiophoolia to care about SINAD differences which have no correlation in blind listening tests? H2/H3 distortion 'enriches the sound'?

BTW. Topic was also discussed here in case you are interested Thread 'Do we crave distortion?' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/do-we-crave-distortion.45978/
  8. H

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I think you need to ask Paul that.
  9. H

How to EQ this monstrosity?

Every speaker placed in the same location in your room will produce similar room modes (low frequency dips and peaks) when recorded from your listening position. You can have a look at the Harman preference curve (slight bass elevation and roll off at around -0.5 to -1dB per octave from ca 1kHz...
  10. H

Please sell me on "ruler flat" near field monitors.

No one can advise you on your (working) preferences. And therefore asking others or reading subjective reviews about how something sounds is futile, because they will describe their preferences in their room with their biases etc. which for sure is totally different from what you prefer (except...
  11. H

I like the artist to add all the distortion they think should be there, not my gear. (And we had a almost identical thread a few weeks ago).
  12. H

Hypex Ncore NC122MP VS NC252MP

If you have a Multimeter you can measure the voltage at your speakers input and than estimate the power by P = Voltage Squared divided by Speaker Impedance (ca 6ohm). Use for example pink noise as a test signal. And if you have two Multimeters you can even measure the current going an and don’t...
  13. H

Legion 7 soundcard vs Topping E30 II lite and Topping L30 II perception

See also my response above in order to find out (loop test). One needs facts and can’t make assumptions as the decision might be incorrect.
  14. H

Legion 7 soundcard vs Topping E30 II lite and Topping L30 II perception

Yes you would wire together a splitter. To test the capability of your sound card in order to see what “errors” are introduced by it vs the differences you might measure, you can run a loop test. That is, connecting the output directly to the input and run an FR and SINAD test.
  15. H

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

Practically No. Technically it optimizes the SNR when amp gain is lowest.
  16. H

Does a truly transparent ADC actually exist?

It wasn’t meant condescendingly. It is simply the most relevant question. Edit: the audibility I mean.
  17. H

Does a truly transparent ADC actually exist?

Good. I have seen this as I was interested if you had indeed done measurements in the past: Thread 'A More Useful Way of Measuring the Performance of DACs?' https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/a-more-useful-way-of-measuring-the-performance-of-dacs.39379/ Great effort I have...
Top Bottom