Search results

1. CapMan

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

Second this - we had a bottle of this last Christmas - it was fabulous : Alvaro Palacios 'Les Terrasses' Priorat Also don’t overlook the whites - Albariño is a fantastic grape - makes dry, citrussy wines a bit like Chenin blanc
  2. CapMan

Epic Road Trips

Years ago we took our Mini Cooper S convertible from London to Wengen in the Swiss Alps. We stopped in Champagne and Beaune on the way through France. It has to be the noisiest, most uncomfortable car I’ve ever had (and has very limited space to carry wine!) :D Wengen is beautiful - no ICE...
  3. CapMan

Extreme Snake Oil

To paraphrase Spinal Tap - but this one goes up to 5N
  4. CapMan

Post pictures of anything, with comment...couple words.

Bluebells
  5. CapMan

does anyone listen to Taylor Swift? tell me what the draw is

I’m trying the new album - my first TS experience. It’s pleasant enough, but instantly forgettable. Ok as inoffensive dinner party background music IMHO, each track seems to merge into the next. If if was paint it would be magnolia - and let’s face it a lot of magnolia paint has also been...
  6. CapMan

I measured 10 subwoofers.

I have pair of SVS Micro 3000s in my smallish room. They seem fine as I don’t listen at high levels, but now I’ve seen this thread the itch to try 2 SVS 2000 is getting stronger . I love the SVS app and their customer care, so would stick with this brand if I upsized … Would I notice a...
  7. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

From the review “This cable benefits from at least a hundred hours of break-in and when you first plug it in will require some additional settling time, which is to say that it does not like to be moved or plugged and unplugged.” :facepalm:
  8. CapMan

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Measurement Update

Time for a different Eric ..
  9. CapMan

Extreme Snake Oil

Slate is not as hard as granite so it’s not as hard sounding, but it’s harder than mdf so not as warm sounding - good grief - people listen to this nonsense ??
  10. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

45kg and 20 watts - that’s half a watt per kilo. By the same measure my Denon AVR would weigh nearly 400 kg - just a little less than a vintage Fiat 500 :rolleyes:
  11. CapMan

Audio Note speakers

What an obscene amount of money for this stuff.
  12. CapMan

Which deceased musicians you miss the most and wish were still alive?

Nobody has mentioned Nick Drake (I think).
  13. CapMan

Wine thread - what are you enjoying?

This thread has been a little quiet ! This dude did a blind tasting at each mile of this year’s London Marathon. He got a decent % right ! https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-68885746
  14. CapMan

I was chatting to a musician friend who is a few years older than me. He was recalling that back in the early 80s Elvin Jones would do a a few days at Ronnie Scott’s in London - you could pay a modest entry fee and the club wasn’t that busy. The gig went on until the early hours. Just imagine...
  15. CapMan

Tubby Hayes :( Man this is a sad thread. I’d like to add - will you miss any current performers when they are deceased? In the interests of balance!
  16. CapMan

Charlie Parker needs to be on the list
  17. CapMan

Clifford Brown was a tragic loss so young. I wish Jaco Pastorius hadn’t left us at 36. What would he have achieved if he’d lived longer. And Art Pepper who was only in his 50s. Far too many talented people go too soon. On the bright side - the Rolling Stones will still be recording for at...
  18. CapMan

Working too hard can give you a Heart Attack Ack Ack Ack Ack Ack... My Heart Attack Story.

I have a Smart Scale which dishes the dirt to me every day on weight, body composition, water - it also includes two measures on cardiovascular health (Pulse Wave Velocity and Vascular Age). I wonder how predictive or helpful these are in the context of BDW’s post. I’m guessing not very, but I...
  19. CapMan

Marantz Cinema 30

I love that the Dirac implementation in Denon/Marantz AVR: allows 3 variants per preset which can be switched either in the Dirac PC software whist connected to the AVR or via the iOS remote control. It’s not quite instantaneous, but good enough. I take the curve Dirac proposes and save three...
Top Bottom