Search results

1. T

GR Research Klipsch RP-600M Upgrade Review (speaker)

I used mine at my fraternity house, so ya... I was pushing as hard as I could. But the amp fixed everything. Definitely wish I had known though about high efficiency designs, as a behringer powered speaker still would have done as well as the polk speakers I had, with far more output.
  2. T

Wow... I'm not the only one! Amazing. Lol. I went through a few tweeters before I bought a crown xls 1500 which fixed the issue.
  3. T

I personally would not build this kit. But I don't do low sensitivity speakers.... I need the wave guide speakers for hitting loud notes. These dome tweeters are low sensitivity never get loud. And to get them loud if they do requires an amp. Not worth it. For me anyway. I don't think you should...
  4. T

Don't sell yourself short. I'm essentially dumber than rocks when it comes to handy work and my subwoofer looks amazing to me. And I painted it red, so if I screed up, it would be obvious. Black duratex paint is essentially impossible to screw up, and it's what a lot of people use if you just...
  5. T

Diysg speakers. They're coming back in stock and are community designed and tested by tons of people. The price of the upgrade is the price of some kits or close to it.... Personally, I'd rather just build 1099, or any Diysg speaker. I've never seen a big box speaker with good enough price to...
  6. T

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I'm no expert here, but is distortion tested at the "limit" of the driver? How loud does this get? Usually, these speakers never can get loud enough for me. I bought some polk speakers, they do OK, my buddy got slightly cheaper ones, with far less output. It was only a monitor 70 vs monitor 50...
  7. T

Starke Sound AD4.320 Amp Review (Sample 2)

This is what got me in to the measurement game. I was looking for amplifiers and then the diy section of avs informed of this. So I got an inuke snd a crownxls. I understand there are cleaner amps, will maybe afford one day, but this does just fine for my needs. At lest I get the power, which...
  8. T

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Because the crowd that finds this content interesting wants to hear that. If you were to go and say that both sound the same, then you'll get comments telling you how boring of a reviewer you are and how you have no soul. These are the comments I saw on topping l50 videos that did not say this...
  9. T

Amplification and The HE6se v2

Topping l50 is your cheapest solution. It's not ideal to spend more money, I'd just get it and see, but if you do feel it's lacking than an l50 should fix it. Amir has a chart saying it needed a lot of power on his review of it. The topping stack(add in e50, edit, actually, a d10 balanced...
  10. T

Focal Elegia Review (Closed Back Headphone)

I wish he'd cover the rest of the Dan Clark line up, it's the only one he's shown to be clean without eq. They have all had great reviews.
  11. T

Compare how? They're clean amps... If you hear a difference between them you're lying. Even the subjective crowd recognized topping is clean and there's no difference between them (at least that's what it felt like from Porta.fi). The only way you could be able to reliably tell the difference...
  12. T

What's best spot to buy this? I normally use linsoul but they don't have it in stock. Unless I'm mistaken, this is the best se/balanced amp to use. A90 was better, but seems like a lot more for more balanced, but not as good se, unless I screwed up, and for the cost, l50 seems like it will...
  13. T

Price =/ performance - Topping
  14. T

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

Man, it was very disheartening to see so many headphones have terrible measurements, it's nice to see that someone just decided to hit it out of the park.
  15. T

Dan Clark Stealth Review (State of the Art Headphone)

I saw the graph before I saw "sit back and he prepared to be amazed." Damn.... That's nice. I can't wait to see the rest of the line up reviewed.
  16. T

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audeze-lcd-x-over-ear-open-back-headphone-review.16777/post-541640 https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/audeze-lcd-x-over-ear-open-back-headphone-review.16777/post-541655 Thanks for adding the sources. Ya.... Amir...
  17. T

Amir isn't the first person to measure these. It was known before this. Audeze even gives out an eq on roon to fix these.
  18. T

All the open backs. I already ordered the closed back mod house argon that I should probably send to amir first to see if I need to buy another closed back or if that's good. I should have got the Dan Clark instead since that's known to be good. Too late now. Since Dan Clark has said that the...
  19. T

I know You were being sarcastic but it seems like he understood that. Seems like a lot of Manufacturers refuse to hit the curve because if they did, they would all sound the same and so they purposely have these weird variation so that way their headphones sound unique. That's my theory...
  20. T

So why get this when the he6se v2 is cheaper (when on adorama sale) and less eq is needed? Seems like audeze has been upstaged unless I'm missing something.
Top Bottom