Search results

1. K

BACCH4Mac Pro Edition - For those considering BACCH

Are you combining the GLM and ORC correction? I don't think that's a good idea.
  2. K

Theoretica also dropped the ball and sent me the wrong code initially, so I had to listen without BACCH for a few hours. Truly horrifying.
  3. K

ORC seems great so far. There's a good choice of target curves, with the default sounding bass shy to me but the Olive curve being more or less perfect for my younger ears. It seems synergistic with XTC in helping the speakers disappear, an effect that's even stronger if you close your eyes. My...
  4. K

Do I need to email them for the download link? To clarify, I used to get emails from Theoretica about new updates but not anymore. Not sure if I fell off their mailing list or what, but I did renew earlier.
  5. K

You can just... not upgrade. My BACCH is 3 major versions out of date and I only recently paid the maintenance fee so I can get ORC as an early adopter. I won't bother upgrading again after this until something else major happens. And while I agree that the BACCH software is expensive, you have...
  6. K

Looks good. Choueri said that reflections after 15ms do not matter for XTC. I personally use quite a few diffusers in my listening room and get high levels of XTC.
  7. K

Warning: change your password please!

I would hope ASR is not storing passwords in plaintext...
  8. K

Looking for advice on Beyer DT 1770 or other closed end HP

DT250 https://www.dropbox.com/s/3f9bcr81xr7zljm/Beyerdynamic%20DT250%20(80%20Ohm).pdf
  9. K

Perceptual Effects of Room Reflections

I've had great results convolving with binaurally recorded impulse responses. Much more natural sounding than an upmix to me.
  10. K

BACCH4MAC Short Review / first impressions

Glad you are enjoying it! Can you elaborate on what you mean by "BACCH interacts with the DRC filters"? From my understanding, this may be true of u-bacch filters that assume perfectly symmetric speakers, but with custom filters you can apply any DRC or DSP in the chain before BACCH and measure...
  11. K

The filter response is flat. Reflections in the first 15ms will affect the amount of XTC you can achieve therefore attenuating them is advised. Good quality diffusion is fine, Increasing the path length of reflections is as effective as removing them and is more desirable psychoacoustically...
  12. K

I've spoken with Choeuri about this and the "stereo-dipole" setup is an artefact of older XTC ventures. With personalized BACCH filters, you can have your speakers at very wide or narrow angles and still get good, undistorted sound. In fact, one of the advantages of BACCH is that it makes wide...
  13. K

Ahhh I understand. BACCH has a built-in preset for Sanders 10 including EQ. This explains why they went from unlistenable to amazing once BACCH was turned on. I also noticed substantial improvement in bass and lower mids XTC once I measured with an audiolense FIR filter correcting frequency and...
  14. K

Fair enough. I doubt there's anyone in my country (UK) with Sanders and BACCH that's willing to demo. I think Reflector Audio SQT is likely one of the best speakers you can get for BACCH and I would love to try it. Your filter variance is likely caused by the fit of the mics, you will notice...
  15. K

May I ask what your XTC plot looks like? I'd expect a setup like the one shown to be achieving 20+ dB across the spectrum which is enough for more or less perfect imaging, but my Genelecs with 13 dB average and extremely high XTC in the bass are also quite seamlessly 3-dimensional with the right...
  16. K

Really? I know BACCH's spatial effects are impressive but I don't see how it could make you ignore the awful tonality and complete dryness of the room. I personally would not want to compromise just for BACCH.
  17. K

I highly doubt electrostatic speakers in a dry room would sound good for any music other than live recordings, but each to their own.
  18. K

Crazy searching EQ Plugin that's similar to Equalizer APO's Graphic EQ... HELP!

Audiolense, but it's not cheap (also not a plugin but the impulse responses generated can be used in any convolver).
Top Bottom