Search results

1. W

Dirac DLBC now available for Marantz and Denon AVRs - Onkyo and Pioneer coming soon?

The title says it all - Dirac has been advertising for a while now (and also at CES I presume) that you can now purchase DLBC for Marantz and Denon AVRs. Can anyone at Dirac comment if other brands will get the opportunity for an upgrade via software/firmware, like the Onkyo RZ50 or Pioneer...
  2. W

Dirac Live Bass Control coming to Dirac Live Stereo This YEAR!!

Update: It's awesome. I got a 24/192 USB-C dongle off amazon and just set up DLBC last weekend for a single sub. It's awesome and I would much rather use it than manually set up crossover, phase, and room position for even a single sub. Immediate improvement right after taking the new...
  3. W

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

From what I'm reading, DLBC is still very much worth it for a single sub situation over just plain-jane Dirac, especially in living room/non-studio-like environments. I would gladly pay up for even a multi-sub license just to get it on my RZ50 with single sub. On another note, has the RZ50...
  4. W

Oh I forgot one thing about the apple dongle - it's limited to 24/48. Guess I'll need to find one that can go up to 24/192 if I want it to match the NAD
  5. W

Got it thank you. I'll try an apple dongle clock synced with the d3045 via Mac OS + RCA adapter to sub with Loopback - much cheaper than a Topping. Will probably be years before a clean integrated solution like the NAD d3045 ever gets "2.1/2.2 multichannel DAC" capability if ever. Thanks again.
  6. W

Ah got it, I'm tracking now. So, I would purchase and connect a second DAC, aggregate them into one device in Mac settings, then tell Dirac that L/R outputs from the 2nd DAC are the subs. Then measure/let Dirac do the rest, apply filter and enjoy? That's it? Thanks EDIT - look slike a good...
  7. W

Hmm. I'll be running just one sub. So I would run the R/L sub outs into the 2-channel DAC, which would the rout to the computer for Dirac processing and back to the 2-channel DAC out down to the sub? Thank you.
  8. W

I have a NAD d3045 - I assume it is just a two channel DAC+amp in a box, correct? The sub outs are just pre outs of the L/R channels. That means I would be in the same boat as others in this thread having to get a multichannel DAC and run that into the NAD to take advantage of bass control...
  9. W

Dirac Live standalone for PC and Mac

Does the new algorithm require us to re-measure, or re-load the filter at all? I'm currently using a filter with no manual target curve adjustments. Thanks for sharing the news!
  10. W

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Dirac RZ50 question here: I know the RZ50 does not have DLBC, but I see that it does change all the speaker (and LFE) crossover settings whenever I use Dirac. If Dirac is changing all the crossover settings, including the subwoofer channel, does that mean the only thing I gain by getting a...
  11. W

DIRAC confusion -2.1 setups, computer stereo vs. 3.1 AVR, subs, licenses

Ah, two last questions I forgot: I. For the Dirac microphone positioning, I see that they recommend pointing the mic at the ceiling for multi-channel, and pointing the mic straight at towards the speakers for stereo. Does that recommendation remain the same for the stereo version on a 2.1...
  12. W

Thank you for the responses! Follow up questions: A. So if I used a minidsp to get the sub channel on my 2.1 setup, Dirac Live would treat it as a third speaker in the mix (instead of treating it as a sub with all the added DLBC functionality), in addition to allowing me to run Dirac via the...
  13. W

Hey ASR forum - first post after hours of reading through Dirac stuff on here! After lots of searching, I still have some questions. I currently have a 3.1 setup with an Onkyo RZ50, as well as an office 2.1 setup with a NAD D3045+Mac Mini (intel). My questions are: Question 1: If I want easy...
Top Bottom