Search results

1. D

Aiyima A07 Max - Aiyima's new TPA3255 amplifier with mono/stereo output

The A07 Max with a 48V power supply gets hot, not because of actual output power consumption, it's because of the voltage regulators "regulating" from 48V to 12V for the chip auxiliaries components and power for opamps. If you use 48V then try not to overload the regulators by installing...
  2. D

Aiyima A07 Max Amplifier Review

The RCA negative wires and power ground are connected. Try using different power supplies for each amp. You are having a ground loop.
  3. D

Not sure if I understand correctly. But one way to find out is swapping RCA cables to see if the noise follows the rca cable, or also try swapping the amps to see if the noise follows on specific amp. Did you try each amp independently in mono? And then each one independently in stereo?. I'm...
  4. D

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

On the Aiyima A07 Max thread we recently had a conversation regarding those capacitors. It turned out that a ceramic ones (instead of the stock SMD Electrolytics) gave better performance. Maybe this is the reason why they decided to replace them at the end? I'm not even sure those are the same...
  5. D

On both dual inductors? What is your power consumption?. 30degC above ambient temp do not seem excessive. Those inductors have aprox 10mOhm DCR, and can hold up to 7A before internal temperature increases 40Degrees. I^2*R= 49*0.01=0.49W dissipation. This would mean the amplifier outputs...
  6. D

Hi Daniel. I updated my reply to add a link to a passive adapter which is cheaper than DSP and works for your particular need. A DSP is better (of course) but more expensive and probably overkill for what you need unless you plan to use its other functionalities (which I use) as Channel mix...
  7. D

Greetings. I understand what you are planning to achieve. But this is not the "mono" you are looking for. The Aiyima A07 MAX (the same goes to Fosi ZA3) outputs one single channel (mono). So the whole amplifier only processes whatever is connected to the right channel RCA(if not mistaken, or...
  8. D

Hey, MCH. Me neither, but it gives me peace of mind knowing that better components are used. If it sounds good that's all I need. But we cannot also forget that good measurements are like marketing and publicity nowdays. It might be the placebo effect or not, but people feel happier if their...
  9. D

Aiyima, It may not seem a lot but those few 0.00xx% mean almost 2dB lower THD+N (according to Trung's measurements) and that's a great advantage specially in a website like this one, where -2dB can put you above the competition. I know that most of the people are not very mod-oriented or with...
  10. D

Very nice, thank you. Any improvement is welcome.
  11. D

Hello Trung. I could not wait until the weekend, haha. So, I just opened the amp and measured continuity on all those caps, and...... I can confirm that on the A07 Max those caps in the yellow box are effectively the bootstrap capacitors, and the SMD Electrolytic (normally these are X7R ceramics...
  12. D

I'm sorry to differ, please reconsider. On all TPA3255 design there are 4 big ceramic capacitors next to the chip. These are the decoupling capacitors. Please see the schematics and compare against this closeup pic: The bootstrap capacitors are the ones in yellow, the other 4 big ceramic...
  13. D

Hello Trung, I'm a fan of your mods. I do mods myself as well. The decoupling capacitors you are referring from the documentation are these: Those SMD Eletrolytics you replaced do not seem to be part of TI original design. They don't exist on any other TPA3255board I've seen. They normally lie...
  14. D

I'm trying to understand the role of the Intermodulation distortion, and how it affect the audio performance. From the Audiocheck website: and from Wikipedia: Basically is the creation of unwanted frequencies while playing 2 main frequencies. During the amplifier tests we see this 19kHz and...
  15. D

If you follow the same order. For example positive L connects to speaker negative, and positive R connects to speaker positive on both speakers you will be keeping the same absolute polarity on both. And even if polarity is inverted you keep the same absolute polarity and this is undetectable...
  16. D

Thank you for your very detailed experiences. 1. It does not really surprise me. The DAC implementation is better on the SMSL, and separates are usually better. 2. There are many cheap opamps to try. The OPA1656, OPA1612 (the ones I'm currently using) or a low noise NE5532AP (if you really...
  17. D

The TPA3255 design from TI is meant to use 2 separate power supplies. One (up to 52V) for the amplifier output power and another 12v power supply for Auxiliary functions on the chip and to feed the opamps. The issue lies when one creates an amplifier with a single power supply, and then use...
  18. D

Sure, but my point is if his maximum power consumption based in his setup (room, speakers, etc...) is por example 20w total( I'm just assuming because actual measurements had not been published). Then why people are si worried about a power supply not been able to mantain an output of more than...
  19. D

Please play music as loud as you (or your neighbors) can tolerate while using a power meter, and then come back to publish your results. I'd be surprised if you use more than 10W per channel.
Top Bottom