Search results

1. J

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

Normally I would agree with you, as I'm not one to parse minute differences between DACs, etc. Once a certain level of performance is reached, I don't really think most people can hear any difference. However, in this case the discrepancy was glaring (not to mention completely contrary to...
  2. J

This one looks fairly promising: https://www.amazon.com/MA5332MS-Amplifier-CS43131-Headphone-Subwoofer/dp/B0CHVKJ6PK
  3. J

It's a definite design flaw and I wouldn't necessarily recommend this unit if you're planning to connect via USB. Via Toslink or coaxial it sounds fine. In any case, there have been a number of similar DAC/Speaker Amps released over the past few years that perform just as well without the USB...
  4. J

Upgrade to new AVR?

I had the same problem with my AVR600. Started getting drop outs and noise from the surround channels to the point where I had to disconnect and run them off of external amps. Eventually the main channels also started suffered from horrible noise issues and had to be run off of external amps...
  5. J

SMSL A300 Stereo Amplifier Review

This falls about where I was expecting it to performance-wise. I have an A300 as well as a couple of Aiyima A07s and Fosi Audio BT10D, and within my system the audible performance is pretty much the same across all 3 units (which is to say, quite good). For me the chief advantage of the SMSL...
  6. J

Upgrade to new AVR?

No, if I wasn’t having so many issues I would have happily continued on with the Arcam for as long as it stayed in good working condition, and if you’re happy with your current unit and it’s performing well, I don’t see any reason to change. However if it ever does come to a point where you...
  7. J

Upgrade to new AVR?

FWIW, I was in a similar situation as the original poster last year. Had an Arcam AVR600 that had numerous reliability issues over the years (overheating, fan noise, faulty switching, etc), but I kept holding onto it as it sounded great, and I figured it would cost an arm and a leg to replace...
  8. J

Cheap class D amps. Andrew Robinsons take.

Same here. I was completely puzzled by his comments about the constant high-pitched noise, and potential damage to your speakers. I own 4 of these inexpensive class-D amps from various manufacturers (Aiyima A07, Fosi Audio TB10D, SMSL A300 & Loxjie A30) all in regular use, and I’ve never heard...
  9. J

Best way to connect streamer to Loxjie A30

I’d be very surprised if Wiim will ever be integrated with Sonos as they are basically direct competitors. I’ve been using a Sonos Connect to stream to my main system for the past several years but am considering ditching it for a couple Wiim minis as I want to expand into multi room playback...
  10. J

Is moving from Aiyima A07 to SMSL AO200 or SMSL A300 worth doing?

I have both the SMSL A300 and Aiyima A07. I honestly wouldn't say there's a huge difference between them in terms of sound quality - both are very clean and smooth with a good amount of detail and punch. It comes down more to features - with the SMSL you get the ability to add 2 different...
  11. J

Audyssey XT32 vs Dirac Live

True, but in fairness it was never my intention to make any kind of comprehensive scientific test, nor am I making any definitive claims. I just decided to try out both units in my own system in order to inform my final purchase decision, and I'm sharing my personal experience here. Nothing...
  12. J

I did try switching off the room correction on the Integra to see if it made any improvement, and my recollection was that if anything it sounded even worse - a bit more full bodied, but also less focused/more muddied. I haven't actually tried switching off the room correction on the Denon yet...
  13. J

FWIW, I recently had the opportunity to demo both the Dirac-enabled Onkyo/Integra RZ50/DRX 3.4 and Audyssey-enabled Denon X3700H side by side in my living room and the results were quite surprising, at least to me. For context, my 12-year old Arcam AVR600 (great sound, horrible reliability)...
  14. J

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

I’ve been wondering the same thing. It’s a bit strange to have the screen default to the sample rate all the time. Overall, I’ve been quite impressed with the sonic performance of recent SMSL products, especially given the price, but they don’t seem to put any real thought into the digital...
  15. J

New SMSL A300 BTL Class-d Power Amp

I picked one of these up a few days ago, and am seriously impressed with the performance so far - very clear, full and dynamic sounding, with plenty of power. Amazing what $200 can get these days. Sure the display and user interface is a bit clunky, but considering the price to performance...
  16. J

AOSHIDA SMSL C200 Review (DAC & Amp)

Not to get this further off topic, but just wanted to agree w/ the above sentiment re: AVR/AVPs. Would love to see one of these Chinese companies like SMSL, Topping, etc. take a crack at an affordable AVP, or even just an audio processor/dac that can decode 5.1 or 7.1 audio formats. I have...
  17. J

I use the A30 to power a pair of Micca RB42s which are also 83db sensitivity 4-8 ohms, and it doesn't have any problems driving them to full volume levels. I only have to set the volume output at around 50% to get there, so they can also go quite a bit louder if needed. If you're planning to...
  18. J

Is the Aiyima A07 the best 'cheap class-D amp'?

Just to clarify, re: AC power for the Aiyima - are you saying it's better to keep it plugged into an active power source at all times, and then just power it up by flipping the on/off switch when you want to use it? Or to actually keep it fully powered up w/ the switch in the on position at all...
  19. J

Is the Aiyima A07 the best 'cheap class-D amp'?

I have both the Aiyima A07 and Loxjie A30. They are both very good units in my opinion, but also very different and fill different needs. The Loxjie is a DAC/ Speaker amp/Headphone amp/Bluetooth combo, that works ideally as part of a desktop setup or as an all-in-one solution for a small...
Top Bottom