Search results

1. Vacceo

Dolby FlexConnect

Dolby is presenting a new software to add active speakers to a TV source to seemingly facilitate the extension of multichannel. The only info I can provide is what has been stated in the press, which is only that TLC will be the first manufacturer to implement it. That aside, I don´t know...
  2. Vacceo

Building a multichannel system. Where and how to spend.

Hi all! These last weeks I have been listening a lot of back and fourth discussion on speaker locations to reproduce Atmos and multichannel in general. I am wondering what is the science, studies and experience behind certain statements from different sources. Let´s see some of them. -Gene in...
  3. Vacceo

Past, present and future. Replacement of broken gear on times of uncertainty.

Hi all!! It has finally happened. After years of faithful service, my denon AVR 2808 has had enough and stopped working. I expected it to keep on working a bit longer but I guess it´s time to change it. Here´s the connandrum I have found myself after accumulating gear, let me give you some...
  4. Vacceo

WiSa technology and its future developments.

Hi all! I´m opening this thread to ask questions as many of you are industry insiders or very informed and technically competent individuals. Recently in the thread about the Kef LS60 it was stated that even if the functionality is not enabled, the device has the capacity to work on WiSa. That...
  5. Vacceo

Codec updates and different manufacturers.

I have been wondering about upgrades on AVR's and processors. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I got this right, we can effectively say that a processor (a separate or the non-amp part of an AVR) is esentially a highly specialized computer whose job is sending signals to different channels...
  6. Vacceo

Will there be a difference? CD reproduction and sources.

I would like to ask about potential differences depending on source. I play CD's on my PC by means of a USB Blu ray player. The PC sends the signal, by HDMI to a Denon AVR. I assume the decoding is the AVR's DAC, not on the PC DAC. If I used a transport connected to the AVR, would there be...
  7. Vacceo

Scarcity and technology development.

Since this house hosts several technology developers, extremelly-well informed enthusiasts and professionals, I am super curios to ask for clarification at times of extreme uncertainty. Music reproduction technology seems to progress very slowly on the side of speakers. From an outsider´s...
  8. Vacceo

Coming out of the cave, the light hurts the eyes; but only for a bit.

Hello all! I´m a new member on these outstanding forums after lurking on them for a bit more than a year. I thought I might as well pull the trigger and at the very least, thank people like Amir or Erin (yeah, I know both of you because I see your videos...) for their massive work, educational...
Top Bottom