Search results

1. napfkuchen

SE MusicLab - variable room acoustics, direct sound experience at 5m listening distance

Saw this video about Jürgen Strauss recently. It's in German (with minimal signs of Swiss dialect), but subtitles are available: Mr. Strauss builds loudspeakers (passive studio monitors, but recently also loudspeakers for the home: https://strauss-elektroakustik.de/) and also realizes...
  2. napfkuchen

2.1 setup with GIK Acoustics

I recently moved into a new apartment. The home office / music room is 4 x 3,6 x 2,65m with a door and a window at the shorter walls, so the speakers had to be placed along the 4m wall. After setting everything up some initial testing revealed that the cabinet in the opposite corner of the...
  3. napfkuchen

Wireless Connection to subwoofer

I'm planning to get an additional subwoofer for my home surround-setup. Currently there is one SVS SB 1000 connected to a Denon X3800H. The room is about 8 x 4 m in total. So there might be one subwoofer on either side of the room, see blue colored areas in the second picture: I don't need...
  4. napfkuchen

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

The awaited update was announced for today. Here are some videos (unfortunately in German but maybe you can extract some info from the shown slides) about it: Update U 30: Dirac Live install: Apart from the Dirac Live feature I am pleased to hear that Dolby is now also implementing the...
  5. napfkuchen

Planning room treatment

For my next home office / audio room there should at least be some room treatment. Because of the limited space (room size is about 4m x 3,5m) absorbing bass will be a challenge. Hopefully Genelec GLM will help mitigate that problem to some extent. Placing the speakers behind the window-wall...
  6. napfkuchen

Genelec 8331A Inputs

Last year while looking for new computer speakers I also searched the ASR forum. My then-setup was a pair of Adam Artist 5 speakers, M-Audio M-Track Hub and Dirac Live on PC. ... Finally upgraded to a pair of Genelec 8331A and added a 7350A sub later. Although room acoustics are poor in my...
Top Bottom