Search results

1. napfkuchen

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

From a performance standpoint the Genelecs should be just as good in almost every regard. You pay for the looks and built quality. In my opinion these speakers are a piece of art. If you have the money and the required space ... go for the Kefs. There are many very expensive and also very...
  2. napfkuchen

The kit we bought, our current setups

New speaker day. :D Unfortunately, it will still take a while until the appropriate stands are added. In order to save the time-consuming setup until then, I first switched off the two subwoofers, Dirac and Auro3D, and it immediately sounded the way I wanted it to. Kind of like my office setup...
  3. napfkuchen

Advice please

In my experience, shaker attachment is more important than performance. I also had a Dayton Audio BST-2 attached under the pedal plate (approx. 2mm aluminum), which "swallowed" the vibrations enormously or "distributed" them to other parts of the rig where I didn't want them. The effects were...
  4. napfkuchen

Vivid Audio Moya M1-World's first 8-woofer force -canceling speaker

LOL, did not want to say it initially but my first thought after seeing these speakers was: H.R. Giger inspired? :D
  5. napfkuchen

The kit we bought, our current setups

Looks like Finnish Orange-Pi :) Just this week I was able to successfully upgrade my gaming pc, it was just too slow for VR (quest 3). Decided to only max out AMD socket AM4 (with Ryzen 7 5800X3D and RTX4080) and kept the rest of the system. My "entertainment budget" had already been strained by...
  6. napfkuchen

Show us your bicycles!

If I compare my current bike with its predecessor (2017 Cube Stereo Hybrid 160), then it is significantly more agile. However, my skills and abilities in technical sections are rather limited (to put it politely) and I value stability and comfort more. That's why I put approx. 3 cm spacers on...
  7. napfkuchen

Show us your bicycles!

My Giant Reign E+1 Pro (2020) is 170/whatever, Bought it used (only 300 km) for 3.200 Euro and have just passed 9,000 km with it. Apart from replacing wearing parts (mainly brake pads/discs and tires), things are going well so far: E-bikes are a great idea. Not only to get to work sweat-free...
  8. napfkuchen

Choose between SHP9500/00 and ATH-M20X.

The Sennheiser 560S is sometimes available refurbished from Sennheiser directly for about 90 Euro. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/sennheiser-hd560s-review-headphone.29603/
  9. napfkuchen

A Call For Humor!

10. napfkuchen

Show us your Cars

This is my car, as a contrast to the last postings... :) Individual mobility is important to me and since I often have to park in the city (sometimes in 30 to 40 year old parking garages that were not actually built for today's wide cars) I chose this automobile with a powerful 3-cylinder...
  11. napfkuchen

A Call For Humor!

In parking lots next to federal highways you sometimes see someone peeing, I always honk and when the person turns around I wave. Also works when people are in rage while driving. Just smile and wave. :D
  12. napfkuchen

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

Steinberg UR12 for 44 Euro (ends today!), typical price is 75-90 Euro https://www.thomann.de/de/steinberg_ur12_black.htm
  13. napfkuchen

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

Yep... My perception of politicians is often that they live in their own bubble and can hardly understand the concerns and needs of normal people. In private life, however, it is really advantageous to retreat into a bubble (comfort zone) that you can control. Focus on...
  14. napfkuchen

How to manage the mental somersaults, avoiding brain damage and brain rewiring from reading news?

Things are going quite downwards here in Germany, especially economically (with all the consequences of that). Obvious problems simply go unaddressed because politicians prefer to exchange ad hominem arguments instead of practical solutions. On the one hand, I am (fortunately) not/little...
  15. napfkuchen

best low profile desktop (active) speaker?

For the desk setup at my workplace I had the Creative Pebble V3 for a while. The "X" model shares the disadvantages of a single driver speaker and seems to be very pricy for such a design. Found the Edifier Lune E25 as a replacement which are only 12,2 cm (about 5") wide so they don't need that...
  16. napfkuchen

"Premium" USB & Ethernet cables?

Top-tier audiophool marketing bs...
  17. napfkuchen

Best home-theater/hifi setup below $2500?

According to Erin's review of the R3 they are just as good as the R3 metas with eq. Used price for a pair of R3s is about 900-1000 Euro. So there is still money left for a decent subwoofer (e.g. SVS SB-1000 pro or SB-2000 pro).
  18. napfkuchen

End Game Speakers - The Quest Continues

At least on audio shows seating position (you most likely won't be able to sit in the sweet-spot) and the music (it won't be your personal playlist) are also factors. I'm glad that I don't belong to the camp of endless seekers. "Arriving" in a state of contentment and simply existing without...
  19. napfkuchen

If all speakers measure flat, what is the point of auditioning?

The problem for me was that the speakers with the features I wanted within my budget simply weren't available at a local dealer. And to be honest, I don't want to spend days in hi-fi stores or at hi-fi shows listening to the "room" anyway. After all you have to consider a loudspeaker at home can...
  20. napfkuchen

If all speakers measure flat, what is the point of auditioning?

I recently ordered a pair of speakers after reading Erin's and a SoundOnSound review. Let's hope the in-room-response improves on my current living room setup. Otherwise my "faith" in measurements/spinorama would be shattered.
Top Bottom