Search results

1. H

Wilson LōKē Subwoofer

Wilson has a new subwoofer. Darko says the 10" model was designed to match the TuneTot, includes internal DSP & amplification, and costs £9000. The plate amp appears quite similar to the Dayton SPA500DSP, available at P-E for $300. The overlap between new-Wilson shoppers & DIYers is probably...
  2. H

"Weak Links and Sorting Eggs"

aka Roger Skoff writes about the best way to approach improving your system at Positive Feedback. Ignore the analogy between eggs & audio systems, and the lesson boils down to this: I suppose that's why IEMs are inaudible below several kHz. :rolleyes: Apparently, neither the author nor PF's...
  3. H

Well, THERE's your problem!

My mother's Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble satellites. I believe they're from the late 1980s, so no surprises here.
  4. H

Everything you always wanted to know about cardioids* (*but were afraid to ask)

I can't promise this thread will have all that, actually. But I'll start with a few answers to questions from the Buchardt S400 thread, and hope that the ASR members who have theoretical & practical experience also post. There are at least a few of you... AFAIK, Olson's Gradient Loudspeakers...
  5. H

Et tu, PSB?

We've seen a number of companies release newer speakers that don't measure as well as older models. The latest Soundstage/NRC measurements seem to show this for the PSB Alpha P5 in comparison to the Alpha B1's results from 2006. Although both are similar in price & size (with a 0.75" tweeter &...
Top Bottom