Search results

1. mainframe

JBL 4367 review by Erin

a phenomenon of the LR4 XO - the crossover has a 3db dip in sound power at the XO frequency resulting in the rise/wiggle in the DI jsut after the XO frequency
  2. mainframe

Revel Salon2 measurably and ABX audibly improved by $5 silicone pads

The jiggly pads from Darko's video on the S400 MKII's look like interesting candidates for this conversation "Moongel Resonance Pads"
  3. mainframe

Topping LA90 evaluation and discussion (Integrated Amplifier)

Thanks John, Interesting - Is there any data available for comparison to the AHB2?
  4. mainframe

Topping LA90 evaluation and discussion (Integrated Amplifier)

Class AB with a SMPS. Why has noone else tried this?
  5. mainframe

Voltage on DENON X3700H Chassis

Ill earth it. I'm getting the ground loop hum NOW with the chassis NOT EARTHED. The hum goes away when I attach a temporary earth.
  6. mainframe

I should have clarified - my electrical background is LV up to HV - 50V AC all the way up to 33kV AC. I did some time as an electrician. Nothing wrong with the sockets in my house, and I can still legally rewire houses. Where I am our house mains voltage is 230V AC single phase. Let me be clear...
  7. mainframe

I have had it with these motherf***ing Volts, on these motherf***ing frames!! I've seen it for years. Vintage, modern or new. All these supposed "Class II" electronic devices. And I've got 70V AC here on my 6 month old DENON's chassis. From Wikipedia: A Class II or double insulated...
  8. mainframe

JBL Synthesis SCL-6 In-Wall Speaker Review (by Erin)

A TV screen, definitely not. A projector screen, why not? In fact, if I were hanging a projector screen, an in wall is the ONLY speaker I would use, then the projector screen could be on the wall too. And it could be installed vertically up/down, the best way for dispersion
  9. mainframe

Kef's higher end in-walls should make the best centers, objectively, from a polar response/DI point of view.
  10. mainframe

Correct, I wouldnt use them as a center placed longways/horizontally.
  11. mainframe

Cambridge Audio CXN V2 Measurements (Streamer & DAC)

LOL - "straight line approximation" Marketing waffle aside, its nice to see if you pay more you get more with this cambridge. If a purchaser were looking at the Bluesound Node and wanted to spend more, the cambridge appears a worthy recommendation/upgrade. Shame about the CXA81 results here &...
  12. mainframe

Looking at that directivity index, imo it wouldn't matter. These would sound great almost anywhere in room, so long as you were within the vertical window
  13. mainframe

Directiva r2 monitor prototype build

Distance to walls from DUT/Mic? I had a similar problem, extreme angles 110-180 measurements were all crazy, turned out the distance from the DUT to the back wall was too short. Reflected sound more powerful than DUT sound. I suspect bass isn't as omnidirectional as convention would like us to...
Top Bottom