Search results

1. N

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

I activated my license today. And performed a measily single measurement and exported an automatic DIRAC filter. I should have started experimenting with room correction before. My preliminary opinion (based on a "bad" single measurement filter) is that a lot of phase magic happens. I have...
  2. N

Connected the MinDSP Flex up to my Audiophonics LPA-S500NC (Hypex Ncore NC502MP) today. Analog version, 6.35mm jack (TRX) to XLR balanced. USB input from my Macbook and toslink from my PC. Perfect. Nice clear display, good volume control, good remote. And with my ear pressed to the tweeter (B&W...
  3. N

The website still shows out of stock, but my order from 1st of March just shipped. So keep an eye on stock, they might be there soon :)
  4. N

Pre-amplifier / DAC combo for B&W CM10 S2

Got the AudioPhonics LPA-S500NC today, for now I connected it to my old Rotel RA-11 through the pre-out. Let's just say that either the pre-out is not what I normally hear, or the new 2x 350W @ 8Ω has a whoooole let more headroom. The basslines are considerably more pronounced, haha. So much so...
  5. N

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, a miniDSP SHD Power is a really nice small complete package! I still like separates from a durability and aesthetic point of view though. If the PSU of my power amp breaks, I still have my costly DSP intact. Or otherwise, if I want to switch to the newest /...
  6. N

@MAX232 Let me know when you find cool cases with cool VU meters (the bigger the better) :p
  7. N

I found AudioPhonics yesterday, which also offers Hypex Ncore modules, but at an even more attractive price, haha. So I'm also considering them now. The Boxem ones have nicer builds quality / design, and the auto-wake feature is very cool. The Audiophonics have 12v triggers and price advantages...
  8. N

Ah, great, more Audio Magic. Probably no way to tell except for decent reviews, right? :facepalm: I don't know what I'm going to do yet, I'm kinda doubting about the dual mono NC400 setup (how is the durability (SMPS PSU also), I hear some components get hot, do they last 10 years without...
  9. N

I don't know exactly what you mean by both decks, but I think you mean pre / power amp? Yeah, I'm selling my RA-11 for a power amp with balanced inputs. As a source I'm mainly going to use Toslink and/or USB. I'm very curious to the effect DRC is going to have on my CM10 S2's :)
  10. N

Thanks for your very complete answer :) The B&W CM10 S2 is 8ohm and 90Db/m. My room is a lot smaller though, haha, about 3,5 x 5 meters. I have decided I first want to pursue room correction and balanced connectors before I decide on the power amplifier I use. I think there is less to be...
  11. N

I couldn’t really figure out which sub forum to put this under, since I’m neither asking about a pure DAC or a pure amplifier. I currently have a set of B&W CM10 S2, and a Rotel RA-11 (integrated amplifier). Since my kids have been getting out of the baby phase I’m noticing that the amplifier...
Top Bottom