Search results

1. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

I had the same problem and they told me the same solution. It turned out to be no big deal because I could not hear the difference between apple music lossless, apple music AAC, and redbook CD (all fed to same DAC from Wiim's optical out).
  2. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

I personally find Apple Music over Airplay 2 (AAC 256) connected to WiiM (with optical out to external DAC) to sound excellent. Every bit as good as redbook CDs connected to same external DAC in my system. And Tidal Lossless (HiFi) sounds the same also in my system. Haven't tried spotify.
  3. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

Can you hear a difference? In my system, I could not hear a difference between Apple Music AAC 256 over Airplay & Tidal Lossless (HiFI) via Tidal Connect. My friend also could not hear any difference. Both from the WiiM via optical out to SMSL Su-9n.
  4. F

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I've done the same comparison. It sounds exactly the same to me. No difference at all.
  5. F

Apple airplay degradation is an interesting subject. I wonder how audible it is for people. I compared Tidal lossless (hifi mode) vs redbook CD vs Apple Music over Airplay 2 (AAC 256) and could not hear any consistent difference at all, other than slightly different volume levels on a few...
  6. F

I never have and probably never will use Roon. Quite happy with the WiiM connected optical out to SMSL Su-9n. Not a MQA user either. Not sure about others, but I won't be returning mine despite the not recommended review.
  7. F

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

If you want to tame your "bright sounding hifi stereo sound", it's not about changing the DAC. As others have said many times.
  8. F

Alternatives to CA CXNv2 for 2in1 DAC/Streamer <$1K?

I decided on a WiiM Mini Streamer + SMSL Su-9n. Very happy with the pair.
  9. F

Gustard X18 Review (Stereo DAC)

If you want light weight, there are other choices that also measure very well (as measured by Amir on ASR) and should sound just as good. For example, I'm very happy with my SMSL Su-9n which weighs 0.79kg. There are other choices even lighter. So I agree with RHO's post above (#448). Or, do you...
  10. F

Apple Music vs Tidal

I compared Apple Music AAC 256 over Airplay 2 vs. Tidal Hifi/lossless. Could NOT hear a difference (other than volume difference on a few tracks). Streamed over WiiM Mini with optical out to SMSL Su-9n. I'm not surprised since I had previously done online listening tests between lossy & lossless...
  11. F

AAC 256: BT vs Airplay make any difference?

Having recently acquired a WiiM Mini Streamer and SMSL Su-9n DAC, I was able to do some listening comparisons. These are just my subjective listening impressions so feel free to ignore/dismiss. The answer is yes, I thought Apple Music AAC 256 over Airplay 2 sounded slightly better than Apple...
  12. F

SMSL DO100 DAC & HO100 Headphone amp

Don't mean to go off topic but are you happy with the AO200? Did you also consider SMSL DA-9 and if so, just wondering why you picked the AO200? FYI, I'm considering one of those two models for my next purchase. Already have the SMSL SU-9n which I'm very happy with.
  13. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

I recently purchased the WiiM. Connected by optical cable to SMSL-Su9n, it sounds great to me (subjectively speaking). No regrets even if Amir comes out with a review showing measurements are bad. Their customer support is fantastic, especially considering the modest cost of the device.
  14. F

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

One of those subjectivist youtube reviewers (iiWi Reviews) just reviewed the PA5 and loved it. He's the same guy who got lots of flak on ASR for other reviews he did, liking units that measured poorly such as Earmen Tradutto DAC. I guess you can't expect consistency from these reviewers.
  15. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

What is the "it" that the factory reset resolved? I tried looking at your older posts but couldn't find anything relevant. Maybe I missed it.
  16. F

When is it OK to post links to Youtube reviewers?

Just wondering and would like to hear from the moderators. When is it OK to post links to those subjective reviewers on Youtube? And when is it NOT OK? I posted one on a Youtube reviewer who "sold all his Chinese DACs" and that thread got locked and the link erased. Many other postings to...
  17. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

ok, it doesn't matter (at least not for you). heard loud & clear.
  18. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

There's been a long back & forth about this subject. See post #126 & 133 of this thread (and there are other posts). According to this source, Apple Music over Airplay 2 is bit perfect if you play from MacOS (NOT iOS).
  19. F

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

Because no matter how many times you plead, the other party won't become 'mentally alert'? I'm sure you know internet forums are very seldom about persuading or being persuaded. It's rather about seeking affirmation/confirmation of one's own views and attacking dissenting views. Such as this thread.
Top Bottom