Search results

1. C

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

I was surprised that no one in this thread made the following observation: sure, even acknowledging that science is incomplete, some engineering methodology must be followed to develop an audio product. Unless someone is trying to assert that random, uneducated trial and error constitutes a...
  2. C

KEF Reference 4C Review (Center Speaker)

I'll go with the Ci5160RLM-THX for my center channel, and will build a 90 liter MDF cabinet for it until my room is built. I was hoping to avoid the DIY part of this, but it seems like it will yield the best long-term outcome. Thanks!
  3. C

I guess I'm asking more than one question here: 1) With an acoustically transparent screen, is it better to go with a vertically oriented center channel? If I position my screen low enough, I think I can align the three coaxial drivers for the LCR speakers with the center channel in a vertical...
  4. C

Oh, and another Blade 2 won't work because I don't have space behind the screen to accommodate it.
  5. C

Once built, my room will be 18' x 21' x 9', so pretty similar to @Descartes.
  6. C

From KEF's website, it looks like these are rear ported, so presumably not suitable for on-wall installation? I'm looking to buy a center channel to go with my Blade Two Metas. For now it will be in the room, but once my room is fully built, it will be behind an acoustically transparent screen...
  7. C

Kef blade 2 meta frequency response

In my room, the Blades disappear wonderfully, throw a very coherent image, and have better bass, but sound a bit less smooth tonally. The Perlistens did not disappear or create a coherent image and had very little bass, but sounded smoother across their operating frequency range. I'll have to...
  8. C

Interesting! Can you elaborate?
  9. C

I didn't mean your qualifications or credentials. I meant qualifiers to your statements as in definition 2 below: qual·i·fied /ˈkwäləˌfīd/ adjective 1. officially recognized as being trained to perform a particular job; certified. "newly qualified nurses" 2. not complete or absolute; limited...
  10. C

You're making rather broad and absolute statements about all KEFs without any qualification or context. It would be much more useful to say on which KEFs, in which context, with which songs, you had which perceived, subjective experience, relative to which other speakers. Otherwise it seems like...
  11. C

State of the Art passive full-range speakers?

Passive because I started by purchasing two Apollon monoblocks so that I could audition speakers, and also because so many active speakers have studio monitor aesthetics, which I don't care for. I realize that both of these reasons are somewhat arbitrary, but those are the constraints that I chose.
  12. C

Those are indeed crazy-looking. Can't say that I like the aesthetics, but I'll be curious to see how they measure.
  13. C

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

The ad very clearly drew an analogy between loudspeaker as object of desire and woman as object of desire, which alienates women who care about such things and discourages their participation in the hobby. The notion that a message of inclusiveness need not be encouraged *because* of an existing...
  14. C

@MKR, thanks for posting your short list. I understood that cosmetics were an important consideration for you (just behind sound quality), whereas aside from maybe the Obelisks, the Soundfield speakers shown on their website look (to my eyes) more on the homemade end of the spectrum, especially...
  15. C

This kind of marketing just reminds women that hi-fi is a boys' club. I wish we would do better.
  16. C

He listened to the Pearls and strongly disliked them, which I'm curious about given the glowing show reports I read about the Pearls.
  17. C

The S7Ts were a bit visually imposing in my room because of the baffle width and the large number of drivers, and the Blades have a sculptural quality that I enjoy, so I prefer the Blades aesthetically. I think they are both attractive-looking speakers, and I really like the Perlistens in...
  18. C

I know this is an old post, but I wanted to chime in with my very recent Blade demo experiences: In two different rooms, with different electronics, I heard absolutely, staggeringly coherent imaging from the Blade One Metas and "good but not great" imaging from the Blade Two Metas. I can't...
Top Bottom