Search results

1. S

Marantz Cinema 50 installed

After running Dirac + DLBC, I have 3 filters on my Cinema 50. Dirac, Dirac + DLBC, and Dirac Bass Management. With Dirac I can adjust levels after exporting to the AVR. With the other two filters, DLBC and Bass Management I can't adjust the levels afterwards. I don't want to change much, just...
  2. S

Denon x4800h vs marantz cinema 40

The Cinema 40 and 50 both use the HDAM-SA2
  3. S

Marantz Cinema 50 vs Marantz SR8015

Dont think the DAC has much bearing on positioning of effects.
  4. S

Need a new AVR for my Polk xt30, xt20, own 3

I currently have a similar setup. Polk xt60s, s35 and 3 sets of OWM3. I have the Marantz Cinema 50 which is similar to the 3800. Got the the Cinema 50 due to a promotion too good to pass otherwise I would have the 3800. I am very happy with the way it sounds.
  5. S

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

I thought the only way LFE is sent to LCR is if you run setup without a subwoofer. Otherwise even when set to large, the LFE is still sent to the sub and the fronts will just be full range. Also I feel like 80hz is a good guideline, but I say experiment. I currently have my LCR set to 60 and...
  6. S

I thought the PCM5100A was for zone 2.
  7. S

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

Isn't the Harman curve just based on subjective analysis of what sounds the best to try to find a "one size fits all" curve.
  8. S

Sound United U 30 Update (Denon X3800H / X4800H / A1H, Marantz Cinema 50 / 40 / AV 10)

This for me is where "subjective" wins over "objective". If too me it sounds better, I'm going with it. Even if the facts don't agree. I've been in several home theaters where the bass is just overwhelming and covers over everything else. But that's how they like it.
  9. S

I believe for the Denon/Marantz AVRs it will be $349 for the full bandwidth version.
  10. S

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

They way I see it is that in 2023, all AVRs should be pretty dang good. And unless you go really really budget, you're not going to find one that has a lot of bad things to say about it.
  11. S

Dirac is supposed to be released this month for the 4800.
  12. S

Another that I like is the fact there are two speaker presets on the Cinema 50. Preset 1 is an Audyssey curve with a few tweaks and I use preset two to play around with.
  13. S

As a consumer I agree. I want the most for my money. But while I disagree with their price increases, it doesn't mean I think that just because it's more expensive then previous years, the price alone should put it in a higher performing class
  14. S

If the 50 is technically a 6000 series, it should deliver 6000 series performance regardless of price. Price does not make it perform better.
  15. S

I guess what I don't get about statements like this is we are comparing what all are calling an overpriced 2500$ AVR, to a 4000$ AVR when new and are surprised when the cheaper one doesn't "sound" as good. I just went from an X2300 to the Cinema 50. Does it sound better, I'm not sure. But I...
  16. S

Pioneer VSX-LX505 AVR Review

So when these go into protection, is there a way to tell? A click, they shut down...or do they just keep going just at a lower output. This is the main reason I went with a Cinema 50. I am not an audiophile by any means. More of just a hobbyist. Mine is used mainly for home theater and I don't...
  17. S

Marantz Cinema 50 AVR Review

I was able to pick up the C50 new from Marantz for 1900$ including tax. What's the comparable Anthem?
  18. S

I have enjoyed mine. Though I may be in the minority here as I use the internal amps. Use it mainly for movies and TV with the occasional music streaming. I think it sounds great. I also like the 2 presets. I have preset 1 as the master and preset 2 is used for tinkering.
  19. S

(known) Problems with Marantz Cinema Series

I was able to play the test and anything afterwards with no issues.
  20. S

(known) Problems with Marantz Cinema Series

I too have a Cinema 50, but I have not noticed any of these as of yet. CEC has worked perfect for me so far. The only thing I noticed was when I first ran the setup, my front heights were not working. After a reset and making sure firmware was updated I ran the setup again and all channels are...
Top Bottom