Search results

1. luxonator

Hifiman HE400se Owner's Thread.

Just a quick follow up to my previous post regarding the ear cup size and comfort compared to Sennheiser HD598/599. The ear cup diameter on the HE400se is a lil bit too small for my liking. I don't have symmetrical ears (right ear shape is inherited from my mother's side and left is from my...
  2. luxonator

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I would be interested in this too
  3. luxonator

Sennheiser HD560s Owner's Thread.

The clarity ang brightness was a definite step up for me but on the other hand the treble feels quite fatiguing and sometimes even piercing to my ears. Still need to give them some time and if that doesn't do the trick then start to mess with EQ to bring it more tolerable. I still keep...
  4. luxonator

Coming from HD598 (which are quite close to HD599 as far as I know) and now owning HD560s and HE400se, I can say that from those three the 598 were easily the most comfortable. 560s clamp is still way too strong for my liking, but I'm hoping it will ease the more I use them. HE400se cups are...
  5. luxonator

AutoEQ Magic?

Still pretty new to EQ so please bear with me. I have couple of questions I haven't been able to find solid answers and have created quite a bit of confusion for me. When I read guides on how to use the Equalizer APO + Peace, they mostly say to go to AutoEQ to get the values OR use the ones...
  6. luxonator

Yes, I am using the -5,4db preamp setting and the Q-values from the pdf. I don't think the problem is being too quiet as I can crank the volume to max and still perceive the sound being the same, just louder. I'm not an audiophile / high-endist, so these things are kinda hard for me to explain...
  7. luxonator

I'm looking for some help/insights. I just got my new Sennheiser HD560s headphones and found the treble be somewhat "sharp" and fatiguing, specially when compared to my older HD598. I haven't done EQing before, for any headsets, and after reading some guides I tried the suggested settings for...
  8. luxonator

Review and Measurements of Fiio K5 Pro

Can anyone who owns or has used this device confirm that 1. It doesn't have any kind of standby mode so when it's turned off it's actually turned off? 2. While connected to a PC via USB the operating system will lose the device (as expected) when this happens? 3. Will the device be...
  9. luxonator

Hifiman HE400se Owner's Thread.

If anyone has any personal experiences or anecdotal opinions, I'm curious on how the HE400se compares to HE-X4 or HE560 v4. I'm trying to dip my toes on planars for the first time and I have these options atm: Brand new HE400SE - 170euros Second hand but "as new" HE-X4 - 130euros Second hand...
  10. luxonator

Hifiman HE400SE Review (Headphone)

I've only owned Sennheiser 500-series cans and I really like the fit and comfort. I've been eying on getting some Hifiman cans and the HE400se being the cheapest option, it got my interest. But I'm a little bit worried if the pads are big enough. I feel the size of the pads on the Sennheisers is...
  11. luxonator

Help! Hifiman he400se and Audient iD4 MKII USB-C

I see he already edited the review on that regard.
  12. luxonator

Help! Hifiman he400se and Audient iD4 MKII USB-C

I just stumbled to this when I was trying to find information about the new ESS versions of K5 Pro and DX3 Pro+ https://www.headfonia.com/topping-dx3pro-plus-review/2/ This review/article states that So if I'm reading and understanding that correctly, the K5 Pro ESS would deliver more power...
  13. luxonator

Review and Measurements of Fiio K3 DAC & Amp

Would this be an ok dac/amp for a beginner? And when one wants to up his game, could this be used just as a DAC (meaning, is the dac good enough?) and connect this to a better amp? Or would it be better to just get a better dac/amp like Fiio K5 or Topping DX3 Pro+ ?
Top Bottom