Search results

1. Graph Feppar

Qualcomm XPAN micro-power loseless wifi

Qualcomm released new chip for headphones called S7 PRO that has XPAN. XPAN low power wifi for headphones so you can have low lattency, high range and low lattency at the same time. It is rumored that the upcomming Sonos headphones will have it. I read that it will only work with Snapdragon 8...
  2. Graph Feppar

Omnitronic MM-2 USB measurement mic vs UMIK-1 & UMM-6

I am looking to buy cheap measurement usb microphone in Europe. I found 3 potential candidates, UMIK-1 by miniDSP, UMM-6 by Dayton Audio and MM-2 by Omnitronic. I have never heard about this Omnitronic company before, they appear to be from Germany. Their microphone is by far cheapest, it cost...
  3. Graph Feppar

Bose volume dependent EQ

On this youtube review of the new Quietcomfort Ultra by channel ShortCircuit. On the 9:37 time, the reviewer talks about feature he calls "volume dependent EQ" that automaticaly applies different EQ curve depending on the volume setting. On 9:58, he shows measurements where its clearly shown...
  4. Graph Feppar

Subpac? ( tactile bass vest)

Did anybody here try the Subpac? I am considering getting their new X1. Is it overhyped gimmick or is it good? I love the body feeling of bass, headphones dont provide that. If I had enough money live in place where I could play loud music, I would never ever even consider listening through...
  5. Graph Feppar

Hive Nectar electrostatic headphone

Did anybody try these? I want Amir to measure them so much! From the measurements I saw and reports I read, these might be one of the best headphones ever made. Weight is not specified but in one report I saw one user saying they weight less than Hifiman HE400i and more than Stas L300, that...
  6. Graph Feppar

Sennheiser CX True Wireless Plus... Does it hiss?

I am looking at the newest Sennheiser bluetooth IEM with long ass name you see in the title. Does it still have the low maximum volume and hissing noise problem like the older Momentum 2? For those of you who dont know, Sennheiser made great wireless earbuds in 2018 called Momentum True...
  7. Graph Feppar

Etymotic ER2 vs balanced armature

I searched whole internet for measurements and everything seems to point to the ER2 being superior to the ER3 and ER4. The frequency response between them are very small and it would be trivial easy to EQ ER2 to have frequency response as ER4. The distortion is far superior on the dynamic driver...
  8. Graph Feppar

Cheap USB Otoscope that doesnt suck balls

I bought a cheap USB otoscope camera for 5.50 euro from Amazon and the thing is completly unusable, the image is extremly blurry. There is many various models of these cheap chinese USB otoscopes, which one doesnt suck and provides sharp picture? The one I bought said 5.5mm on Amazon but is...
  9. Graph Feppar

Beyerdynamic quality

How bad is Beyerdynamic driver reliability and headphone to headphone consistency? Word quality is broad term, Beyerdynamic is famous for being build like tanks and great comfort. By word quality I dont mean what materials they use, I mean the channel matching, distortion and driver reliability...
  10. Graph Feppar

HD800 real weight

How much does HD800 really weight? I recently had it on my head and it felt more than 330 grams, rtings says it weights 0.83 pound which is 376.5g. Can you please weight your HD800 and tell me how much it weights without cables?
  11. Graph Feppar

Vote for this headphone

The headphone testing website RTINGS.com has this vote thing going on where you can vote for headphone which you would like to see reviewed and measured. If you register you have 1 point to vote, those who contribute money to the site get 5 points. They then buy the headphones with most votes...
  12. Graph Feppar

Closed or semi-open headphones with wide soundstage

I love wide soundstage, the wider the better for me. Most closed headphones have bad or non-existant soundstage but I read that there are some that have good soundstage width. Yesterday I was in shop and I tried the Sony A1 m2 and they suprised me with how wide the soundstage was, never heard...
  13. Graph Feppar

Equalized HD700 vs HD800

I am trying to decide if I should buy HD700 or 800 next. I never heard the 700, I tried 800 in the shop. But this isnt just another 700 vs 800 thread, the key point is I will use heavy dose of high precision EQ with Windows APO, I will not use the premade band sliders, I will instead create my...
  14. Graph Feppar

Does balanced connection prevent USB/ground loop noise?

I plan to buy Fiio K3, a tiny 99€ dacAmp that gets power through USB, it doesnt have separate power connection, no brick. I have read alot and I noticed these cheap small dacs and dacAmps dont have USB galvanic isolation and often users report or even measure some noise or morr specific...
  15. Graph Feppar

Streaming FLAC from PC to DAP?

Hello, I am considering buying Fiio player with WiFi. I know it can stream loseless red book quality from Tidal but I dont know how streaming FLAC from PC works. If I have Windows 10 and bunch of 16bit 44.1KHz FLACs that I want to play using VLC media player, how do I make it so my WiFi DAP...
  16. Graph Feppar

Cheap in ear microphones?

I am looking to buy cheap in ear microphones for stealth measurements in audio shops. I dont want to bring big flat coupler becose I think its weird to measure in shop, also I think the saleman might not like that, I dont want anyone to see that I am measuring the headphones.
  17. Graph Feppar

Does HD650 have better driver matching than 600?

I was just wondering,on the official Sennheiser website,Sennheiser brags about HD650 driver matching,"Systems with narrow tolerances (± 1 dB), hand-picked in pairs".Also HD660S has in description "The transducers are carefully selected and paired by hand to ensure consistently narrow (±1 dB)...
  18. Graph Feppar

HD58X frequency response investigation

( moderator edit , go to page 7 for the results , no fault with the headphones. User error . ) My HD58X is beyond bad,its frequency response drops off with brutal brickwall style steep slope past 13.7 KHz.This isnt just another "Sennheiser veil" nitpicking,this is like broken headphone with...
  19. Graph Feppar

Are headphone balanced cables snakeoil?

Really... do they even theoreticaly possess any advantage that would make audible difference with 12 year old in anechoic chamber listening to test tones? I understand benefit of dacs and amps that are internally balanced,there is lot of near field noise coupling going on but is balanced really...
  20. Graph Feppar

Does anybody have Hiby R3?

If yes,let me know,I need to know its frequency response before I but it.You can measure it with the RMAA software and decent sound card if you dont have L33T measurement gear like AP or dScope.I would be super mega grateful if you provided FR graph.
Top Bottom