Search results

1. W

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

There's is quite a significant difference between the Pro and the Pro Plus's Dacs so I can't imagine the Mini would be any better, if not worse than the Pro. I also tried a Pro with a Topping E30 Dac vs the Pro Plus and perferred the Pro Plus. Personally I think the Pro Plus is an extremely...
  2. W

Fosi Audio V3 amplifier discussion

My ZA3 nowhere certainly isn't as loud as I thought it'd be, I wantd to use it in a HT bypass setup but can't get it loud enough and my Denon M39 in another roome is probably louder bt I do agree bang for the buck they're pretty good.
  3. W

Where / what's the discount on the Pro, I just googled and couldn't find anything ... reason I ask I've a brand new sealed box one I'm thinking about selling. Not sure whey you mentioned the Android device, wonder if you misunderstood something I said? I've tried many different ways of casting...
  4. W

@Plugandplay .... if you're going to get one don't forget with Amazon you can send it back if you don't feel there's any real benefit. Do you subscribe to a streaming service as well in which case which one because you may be better off with a Pro if you ever want to use Chromecast, or for...
  5. W

Depending what quality the files are then yes ... I understand Airplay 2 does CD quality but personally I don't use it apart from if I'm watching a music video on my tablet and want to send the sound via the stereo system
  6. W

I believe the limitation is Airplay itself so it doesn't matter what streamer you use it'll be the same. When you say from your phone, is that files that are downloaded and stored on your phone, if you want better quality then Airplay (which is good enough for most casual listening) you could...
  7. W

That is absolutely and definitively NOT what I said! Just because you can't be bothered to read it yourself, don't twist other people;s words.
  8. W

I've read it all a week or so ago but I'm not going wade through it all a 2nd time for someone else's convenience ... up to you whether you choose to or not.
  9. W

I think you should actually ... may give you a new insight and possibly even better informed?
  10. W

Have a read through and form your own opinion https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/sound-quality-when-using-eq-or-volume-control.572/#:~:text=The%20EQ%20mode%20can%20bring,affect%20the%20quality%20too%20much.
  11. W

I was wonderig the same recently and googled to find the answer which consensus seems to be the WiiM's volume control has virtually zero affect on the quality UNLESS you're using the graphic EQ in which case it does and shouldn't be used.
  12. W

hegel h95 or Arcam SA30?

I think Dirac is the marmite of the HiFi world .... I have the SA30 and it's virtually never on. I have a room with some some modes at 42Hz but using Dirac's default, it increases the low end by +8db which I understand is also dangerous for an amplifier but also massively exaggerates the...
  13. W

Fosi Audio ZA3 Amplifier Review

So you haven't actually got one yourself but can professs on how they sound on the back of a "youtube influencer" who if he goes with the flow will get very few hits and make very little money ..... come out and make a big outspoken statement that might seem to be contrarian and loads of people...
  14. W

That's brilliant and just what I'm looking for as The Mrs doesn't like the size my current system takes up so any oppotunity to get something smaller is only going to win me some brownie points .... I'm assuming you currently own a ZA3 and have back to backed them against what you currently...
  15. W

That was a really helpful comment ... thank you SO much for that .... seriously makes you wonder why Amir includes listenng tests in some of his reviews as well ... hey ho.
  16. W

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

I recently updated my Amazon Music and Alexa Apps and now I can't cast from Amazon Music App on Apple devices, does anyone have the same issue? If I try to cast and bring up the list of available WiiM's, tap on the one I want and I get the screenshot attached below, if I hit refresh list and...
  17. W

Are most people using / considering a ZA3 as a replacement for a current "main" system or more as as secondary setup somewhere else. Really interested to hear what people 's thoughts are in comparison to reasonably high end amps and if they compete or would it just be considered a great setup...
  18. W

If you have a pair as monoblocks, does anyone know how the trigger works then and how it needs to be setup?
  19. W

Bowers & Wilkins 607 S2 Anniversary Edition Review

Could you have got the S3's instead of the S2's?
Top Bottom