Search results

1. buggyglint

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Yes, on the Tidal windows app I have the "Passthrough MQA" slider turned on. On my RP3 with Volumio, I have the "Master Quality (MQA)" turned on and the sound quality setting "Highest Possible". I'm beginning to think, maybe there is no real 88.2khz content on Tidal? I do seem to get 96khz and...
  2. buggyglint

Yep, that's the issue I have... Very strange, you'd think that if it would be able to play 96khz and 192khz it could surely unfold 48khz or 88.2khz. I'm also experiencing this with a RP3+ running Volumio connected via USB. So it's not a Windows machine issue.
  3. buggyglint

So I'm experiencing some issues with the D70s while playing MQA from Tidal. I have it connected via USB directly to a Windows 10 machine running the Tidal desktop app (Also tried USB to a Raspberry Pi 3+ running Volumio). For some odd reason, when I play a 'master' track I either get 44.1khz or...
  4. buggyglint

Would this be considered an upgrade over the DX7s? Omiting the headphone amp of course and just focusing on the dac and preamp stage and using RCA out.
  5. buggyglint

Review and Measurements of Topping DX7s DAC and Headphone Amp

"Upgraded" to the DX7s from the NX4, it's amazing what you can get out of this awesome piece of hardware. Using HD650's in balanced mode this thing really shines, I can turn up the volume and it's as if the instruments get louder and the overall song does not get distorted. Amazing separation...
  6. buggyglint

Review and Measurements of Topping NX4 DSD Dac and Portable Headphone Amplifier

Yes, I think you're right! I will be ordering a DX7s for desktop use and a pair of balanced cables. Apparently the DX7s can output up to 600ohms using the balanced XLR headphone out. I'll keep the NX4 for the portability and overall its the best portable DAC/Headphone amp in this price range...
  7. buggyglint

Oh I did the same when I first received it. Glad you got it sorted!
  8. buggyglint

If the LED is red that means it needs to be charged/is charging. You need sufficient juice before it will turn on with the blue LED. Let it charge for a few hours from the 'Charge' micro usb port and then connect the other micro usb port 'DAC' to your PC/MAC, while leaving the 'Charge' port...
  9. buggyglint

Good question, I don't have the tools to measure the battery life though.
  10. buggyglint

You will need a mico USB to go from the dac port to your PC. So Micro-USB A to Male USB A
  11. buggyglint

Hi guys, I recently purchased the NX4 DSD for desktop usage, I used it for a few hours connected to my PC via micro usb on the DAC port of the NX4 DSD but now it no longer turns on. It will only charge from the USB charge port. I'm assuming I will need to now have two micro usb cables connected...
  12. buggyglint

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

An optical cable will definitely solve it but not really find the root cause. The culprit could be coming from other equipment on the line. Maybe an AMP? You can also try on of these, I have the USB purifier and it really does eliminate all audible noise...
  13. buggyglint

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

I currently have the D3 for desktop use with my M50's. I'm thinking of getting this or the NX4, what do you guys think will sound better? I a, interested in possibly using the bass boost on the NX4 when listening to Electronic music.
  14. buggyglint

Review and Measurements of Topping D50 DAC

Looking to get this D50 to replace me D30. It defiantly looks like a decent upgrade. This issue I have is that I currently run the D30 with an active 80ft usb cable to my PC along with the 12V power supply. If I use the D50's USB input, would a 5V/1A power adapter be required/sufficient? I cant...
Top Bottom