Search results

1. B

JBL S38 and S Center II opinion

Every speaker benefits from EQ and room correction. These are 25-year-old used budget consumer speakers selling 50% off the clearance price. When I last used mine, 15 years ago, they sounded great. I didn’t measure them or try to EQ them, because I didn’t have the means to nor did I care enough...
  2. B

JBL S38 and S Center II opinion

I used these speakers (S38 II, actually) to summon the police on multiple occasions, back in college. I still have them to hand down to my daughter for her to do the same. They sound great especially if you can EQ them.
  3. B

KEF LSX II

“The supplied USB-C interspeaker cable is proprietary and designed to meet the safety and performance standards of LSX II LT. It cannot be used for device charging or data transmission. Using other cables except the supplied interspeaker cable or the C-Link interspeaker cable for the...
  4. B

KEF LSX II

I wonder how well this works. LSX has a 70w + a 30w = 100w per speaker. Is that USB-C cable really going to carry 100w from one to the other?
  5. B

(Audyssey) room correction with DSP-based subwoofers like Kef KC62

Is there any control over the volume that the listening test is done at? In a Denon AVR?
  6. B

(Audyssey) room correction with DSP-based subwoofers like Kef KC62

The Kef KC62 uses DSP to offer deeper frequency response at lower volumes or higher volumes with less deep frequency response. Thus, the frequency response of the subwoofer is a function of the volume. It seems like there’s no way for an AVR’s room correction to account for this with the way...
  7. B

Big news coming from Sound United in 2023!

If so, this is good news for me, as it means 2-3 years from now we should have affordable 5.2.2 slimline AVRs. I would love an AVR that runs cool and fanless, half as tall, half as deep, and still 5.2.2 capable, for my living room.
  8. B

Do you see Class D being the standard in AVRs to come?

Isn’t it problematic that it is so clear to us that the answer is “yes,” but Denon and others haven’t switched to class D wholesale already? Maybe their R&D budgets are so close to zero that they can’t switch.
  9. B

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

Somebody should make a pair of beautiful stands that each hold a kc62 at the base and an LS50 above, and get a very similar effect. I wouldn’t buy such a stand though; I enjoy the freedom of placing my kc62 independently from my LS50s.
  10. B

Denon X4500H. Most like which reviewed Denon?

Didn’t Amir test the Xx700h and find it was about the same as the X3500h? And then Denon helped him discover errors in his testing, which resulted in the Xx700h measurements being redone? Where the X3500h measurements ever redone? I would assume that they likely had the same problems as the...
  11. B

Optimizing near-wall, in-shelf placement

I have a 3.1 system that I use for music and TV; I expect to expand it to 5.2. Currently I am using 3 KEF LS50 bookshelf speakers for LCR. I am building some shelves with doors for the living room that will hold the speakers. The LR speakers and the TV would be on the top, and then the center...
  12. B

Wanted: AVRs center channel and DSP measurements

Recent Yamaha AVRs have been reported to have worse center channel performance. Maybe that wasn’t intended and it’s a bug, but that’s exactly the kind of info that’s useful to know. Yes, and I’d love to see tests where all three LCR channels are connected and in use. Yamaha claims that they...
  13. B

Wanted: AVRs center channel and DSP measurements

I bought my AVR after doing a lot of research online, including the measurements done here at ASR. I really appreciate the work done on these measurements and the publishing of the results. Having owned my AVR for a while, I’m struck by how differently I use my AVR from how AVR performance is...
  14. B

Audyssey Multieq-X: Real bi-amping with active crossover

I see what you mean. My understanding is that Audyssey is owned by Sound United now so in future AVRs there is potential for more thorough integration. I would want separate crossovers for high/mid from mid/low. FWIW, some old Onkyo receivers did have such an active crossover feature but they...
  15. B

Audyssey Multieq-X: Real bi-amping with active crossover

Denon AVRs have an option for bi-amping the main speakers. My understanding is this is the typical “passive bi-amping” where the same signal is sent to both, as there is no crossover functionality implemented by default. However: * Denon AVR already have active speaker/subwoofer crossovers. *...
Top Bottom