Search results

1. Madslide

Multichannel Full Digital Amp (FDA) solution

I completly follow you on the FDA avantages and your setup. I have an equivalent setup with two FDA (SMSL AD-18) and a Mini DSP Nano-digi and I'm very suprised that poeple prefer to have dac and standard class D amplification eaven in multi amplification systems. You have two inputs on the nano...
  2. Madslide

Review and Measurements of SMSL AD18 DAC & Amp

Long press to put ON the amp (2 secondes) Then short press to enter the source menu (that is the first one) Then directly 4 right clics on the buttons and you should be in BT mode. Usb -> opit 1 -> opti 2 -> coax -> BLuetooth -> Aux If you wait 5 secondes it will be recorded by the device...
  3. Madslide

So just to clarify few points. I’m using the SMSL AD-18 in a 2 ways active setup with a MiniDSP Nano DIGI. They are used as FDA amplifier with the coaxial inputs (which has not been tested in the review of this amplifier). Amplifiers are powered by an SMPS300RS power supply giving lots of punch...
  4. Madslide

Normally you have the side and polarity of the speakers written on the card. I will answer some of your other question later.
  5. Madslide

Does your display is steal working or it’s just the plastic cover in front which is burnt? If it’s just the plastic, remove it by gently inserting cutter blade staring by the top of the amp. There is some twin faces tape all around beetwenn the plastic screen and the amp case. Then if the amp...
  6. Madslide

DIY inspired Buchardt S400 – Crossover design

Is there any "guideline" for tuning PR ? (Range of weight to test, position of the mic vs the PR...) I will continu to play with the crossover but from my perspective, the 2500hz zone is what suits me the best with the @augerpro waveguide. Congrats for the Hybrid projekt, I love the design ...
  7. Madslide

Thanks for the answers and advices. So i'm using the 8ohm version of the NBAC. I worked a little on the active crossover and here is the current result with the goal to follow the marginal line around 78db. -Yellow line is the tweeter -Orange line is the mid/bass woofer -Red line is both...
  8. Madslide

Few pictures of the prototype built. Cables are not the final ones but what I had on hand… I started to make my crossover using the MiniDSP, but the current result is not really relevant as I did my measurement in room and it seems there is a lot of reflexion. Need to find time and space to do...
  9. Madslide

I had to make a short break in the project during the summer. I will share my drawings at the end of the project only if I consider it is successful. For now I'm staring the box construction. It's just a start and only 3 panels are currently sticked (I have to work on the inner "barrier").
  10. Madslide

I think it is an interesting help however my simulation is full of approximation and does not consider an essential parameter, damping. In addition, the sound is composed of waves and not a continuous laminar flow of air so I'm not sure of the degree of effectiveness of this type of simulation...
  11. Madslide

DIY Compact tower speakers recommandation

So after many reading I decided to make à 2 way bookshelf with wave guide, passive radiator and active crossover instead (passive crossover is my principal concern for any speaker project – Active allows to change easily parameters and to boost the bass response so less need of the tower...
  12. Madslide

I’m using the FloExpress module in Solidworks. It’s very basic compared to some other CFD software.
  13. Madslide

For fun, here is an airflow simulation of the cabinet with two different positions for the central brassing. I'm not sure that such simulation and my input parameters are relevant since the simulation is with a constant laminar airflow and with an open inlet and outlet (may be better in BR...
  14. Madslide

If adding a direct barrier to the passive radiator has a positive impact, perhaps it would also be good to reverse the position of the Woofer and the tweeter so that the wave from the woofer is as far away from the passive radiator as possible. Is that what you recommend ?
  15. Madslide

@fineMen , thanks for the informations / remarks. I was not aware that Buschardt had some resonance issues. It’s difficult to know if it’s due to lag of brassing or a lag of sonic Barrier in the cabinet. May be the Directiva R1 team can help me on that topic. @Rick Sykora did you test the...
  16. Madslide

Little update on the design and first 3D printing of a prototype wave guide (FDM - color is uggly for a wave guide but it's just a proto). I finally found a second hand MiniDSP Nanodigi to use with my FDA amp so thoses speakers will be active for the beginning a least.
  17. Madslide

While I’m making few test with the Umik 1 on my current loadspeeker, here is a first draft of the project (Attached 3D pdf file – To open click on yellow option button on top right, then « Approve the document… » - Right click to zoom / Left click to move). Everything is not ajusted yet as I...
  18. Madslide

Thanks for the feedbacks and your advices. I just ordered the UMIK-1. Confidance in the speaker data provided by the manufacturers looks to be a complete mess and as an R&D guy, I’m a bit amazed that there is no standard ASTM or a standardized protocol for such mesurements ? I played a bit...
  19. Madslide

@D!sco , thanks for the feedbacks. I’ve mentionned the S400 but I could also have mentionned the Revel or the Directiva R1 as an inspiration source (but the budget is out of my scope for the R1). Yes I’ve read few topics about the waveguides and especially the Augerpro's waveguides topic which...
Top Bottom