Search results

1. N

New Topping L70 is just insane.

Well, yeah. Balanced is the reason you would buy such an amp. If you just want single-ended TRS, but need a bunch of power for something like the beyerdynamic dt880 600ohm, then you get the a30 pro.
  2. N

New Topping L70 is just insane.

This It's double the power at both low and high impedance.
  3. N

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

This is correct and also irrelevant to both your original comment and my response. Factuality was never a consideration, only the relevance to Amir's post. For the style of humor you seem to have been attempting, it is typical, well studied, and well tested that the most effective jokes of such...
  4. N

Limited Participation For The Next Few Weeks...

I think there is confusion here. He isn't buying a new house. He is selling a house. He currently owns more than one house, and he is selling one of them.
  5. N

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Most of what he has learned with headphones doesn't even apply with IEMs. They are just such different devices. But if he did, he would definitely do the necessary research to make a great product.
  6. N

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

The cost of any sort of instrument does not come primarily from material cost or even the time taken to construct it. It comes from the craftsmanship and the performance capabilities of the instrument. It's ok to admit ignorance of how the market works. Just because you don't understand the...
  7. N

SMSL SP400 Review (headphone amp)

It doesn't get very warm at all.
  8. N

I guess you have a point. It still takes a very long time and very many cycles for a 1/4" Jack to start showing actually significant wear that compromises the integrity of the connection, but I will admit XLR connections have much more consistent long-term reliability. I just don't consider it...
  9. N

I see your point. But the contact quality thing is probably a myth. Both TRS and XLR are just metal touching metal. And it's actually quite easy to convert TRS to RCA. No fancy device needed...
  10. N

I think the Topping D10 balanced is the best price/performance. It's only $140, and performs very similarly to the DO100. So that's a big cost saving. It does only take usb input, but the trade is that is also works as a digital converter/bridge with coax and toslink output.
  11. N

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

I don't know why you are quoting me. I wasn't comparing the A90 versions. I was comparing against the L30 ii.
  12. N

This is not comparing the A90 Discrete. The Discrete version is better for low impedance and low sensitivity headphones.
  13. N

Specifically the A90 Discrete, which I consider superior to the A90 has: #1 Better current delivery to low impedance headphones. #2 Better Voltage swing/slew rate #3 has more in/out options #4 Has much better volume control. And while the L30ii has better low-level THD+N performance for...
  14. N

It's very big, maybe too big, but the Flux Labs FA-10 PRO has all the power you would ever need for susvara at $850. And if you want a sound that is less clean and neutral and has more flavor and warmth, the FA-10 (not PRO version) at $750 and the Burson Soloist x3 at $1,200 can also deliver...
  15. N

I do not use a remote.
  16. N

The resistor to resistor volume control is what sold me on this amp, and I absolutely love it. I never want to go back. I use an L50 at work for monitoring broadcast audio with headphones, and while that is a great piece of gear at a great price, I definitely prefer my precision volume control...
  17. N

Just tested #2. Inputs do not remember volume separately. So turn volume down before switching to a higher voltage input.
  18. N

RME ADI-2/4 Pro SE

It's balanced out is pentacon, so a pentacon to 4-pin adaptor would be the appropriate accessory. With all these new features and probably some upgrade in performance, I expect this to be a pricy unit. They seem to be crafting a device with no real competition in the market due to the...
Top Bottom