Search results

1. DrFlimFlam

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

latest driver is 5.62 https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/874980.html
  2. DrFlimFlam

just in case some of you use this for gaming, I've been running some latency tests after trying to play metal hellsinger and being off the beats a lot of times, and then seeing huge delay at the calibration options between the image and the audio. USB: about between 95 and 110ms of audio...
  3. DrFlimFlam

Hifiman Edition XS

got both sundaras sounds worse and are also much more uncomfortable. The pads of the XS are so big that any ear can be inside comfortably. I would prefer the xs for that reason alone, but on top of that, they sound much better specially the bass.
  4. DrFlimFlam

I have BT off and the case is still hot.
  5. DrFlimFlam

is there any way to normalize volume on windows using a usb connection? this option is missing and was very helpful for some competitive gaming.
  6. DrFlimFlam

Hifiman Edition XS

do they collect also custom duty? Because when you import something, you must pay first custom duty's and then after adding the duty's percentage, sum the product price, to the duty's and then the shipping and then on that number, add the VAT. So if they only collect the VAT, then some customs...
  7. DrFlimFlam

Hifiman Edition XS bass rattling?

was this your problem? https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hifiman-edition-xs.27903/page-28#post-1222994
  8. DrFlimFlam

Hifiman Edition XS

Can anyone tell me wtf is this? I was testing the new setup and this rattling scared me. https://www.szynalski.com/tone-generator/ It happens at -20 db or higher volume using a DX3 pro+ on low gain (6db), first always on the right driver and then on both, when testing low frequencies, in this...
  9. DrFlimFlam

Hifiman Edition XS

shame that the uk is not in "europe" anymore so taxes would apply outside the uk
  10. DrFlimFlam

can you completely disable it? I only managed to find an option to turn of some things, but always shows the USB logo or a small dot on standby
  11. DrFlimFlam

would be any difference when using the RCA line out with a pair of active speakers if using the pure dac mode vs de pre-amp mode? with the pure dac I cannot change the volume with the dx3, but I don't know if adding a pre-amp to an already pair of active speakers could destroy the sound quality.
  12. DrFlimFlam

what sampling rate do you use with dx3? does it matter at all using 32 352 on windows for non production audio? Like having higher sampling than the sources I will use, can have any negative or just don't care?
  13. DrFlimFlam

I was thinking on to switch to the dx5 for the edition xs + speakers, but with that I think Ill bite it and try the dx3 first much more value for the money if doesn't give problems with low imp headphones
  14. DrFlimFlam

what happened then with the review here which said that low impedance were not good?
  15. DrFlimFlam

Audio-Technica ATH-R70x Review (Headphone)

do anyone know some aftermarket pads for big ears? The stock ones are too small, like on-ear and with glasses it makes them a nogo, I would keep them with some bigger pads, but I fear they can change the sound.
  16. DrFlimFlam

would a 560s pair good with this? or are they low impedance 120 for it?
  17. DrFlimFlam

old headphones broke, looking for a new ones around 300

thanks everyone, after reading all suggestions and more reviews, I finally decided to purchase the hifiman sundara. The HD600 are a classic, and was tempting but everywhere I look, sundara was a bit higher in the list. 560 seemed ok, but a slight downgrade, definitely would have bought if my...
  18. DrFlimFlam

Best headphone under 500 euros w/o need for amplifier

would a DX3 pro v2 be decent to drive the sundara? Or would I need to replace the amp dac combo? Also, would changing the dx3 be worth it for the sundara to a d50s+atom?
  19. DrFlimFlam

old headphones broke, looking for a new ones around 300

don't let a toddler alone with your equipment lol
Top Bottom