Search results

1. Astoneroad

Spherically Dead (in Vegas)

24 shows in Vegas. I live in Vegas... and saw the Dead around 100 times between 1970-95... but these shows are a big pass for me... for subjective and objective reasons... lol. Jerry's last spoken words to Bob Weir are reported to be... "Always a hoot..." <iframe width="560" height="315"...
  2. Astoneroad

Counterfeit Speakers Seized; Sound Co. Slammed with $5m Judgment

https://www.mixonline.com/business/counterfeit-speakers-seized-sound-co-slammed-with-5m-judgement
  3. Astoneroad

Sold

I'm the original owner. It was purchased directly from the company Jan. 2021 for $599. No marks or scuffs, works flawlessly. This model has a motion detecting top panel to play songs or playlists, without use of a phone or tablet. The earlier models don't have this. It is VERY convenient to pass...
  4. Astoneroad

Sold

I ordered a replacement grill for my Salon2 and was sent a Studio2 grill by mistake. While I wait a few more months for the correct grill (I no longer own the Salon2s), they don't want the Studio2 grill returned. I have no need for it, so I'm selling it. It has never been used and comes in...
  5. Astoneroad

SOLD - Revel Salon2 New Stock bought in July 2023. $9995 plus shipping

I posted about my purchase of these in July on another long thread, if you'd like the entire storyline and pics. Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping After having mine since mid July, I realize that my tinnitus is impacting my enjoyment more than I knew. Once I sat in...
  6. Astoneroad

Near field speakers behind listening position?

I'm considering adding a pair of Neumann KH120 as a near field option in my listening room. Currently I'm 10' from my Salon2s. I'm wondering if adding the actives 3' behind my head and level with my ears would have issues due to the back of the couch. My thinking is that at 3' from my ears...
  7. Astoneroad

Need help with bridging Mcintosh MC7300s for Salon2

I'm open to all input on this topic... from telling me why it's not worth the resources... to informing how to set it up from soup to nuts. I've never bridged amps before, so I'm a blank slate and looking for insight. I posted my journey of buying these Salon2 in another thread...
  8. Astoneroad

“Holy Grail” of audio technology rescued a 1964 Beatles performance

I thought that this would interest various strata of ASR members... KEY TAKEAWAYS In 2009, Abbey Road software engineer James Clarke began developing ways to separate audio elements on finished mono and stereo recordings by the Beatles. To isolate the band’s instruments on a performance...
  9. Astoneroad

Sold (cheap) Martin Logan Dynamo 1100x 12" sub. 9/10 $499 CONUS

PRICE REDUCED!! This is a great sub, in perfect condition, I'm the original owner. This has never been driven hard and for all functional and cosmetic purposes is easily a 9.5/10... without being factory sealed. I've got the factory box (great shape) and everything that came with it originally...
  10. Astoneroad

Nevermind... gonna keep it

This is a great sub, in perfect condition, I'm the original owner. This has never been driven hard and for all functional and cosmetic purposes is easily a 9/10... without being factory sealed. I've got the factory box (great shape) and everything that came with it originally, feet spikes...
  11. Astoneroad

Sold

I can't believe that I'm selling these. I posted in another thread how I found a deal that I couldn't refuse on a pair of Salons, so these need to find someone looking for the perfect pair at the right price. These were purchased from Crutchfield in May of 2022, I've got the receipts and...
  12. Astoneroad

"Acoustic Fields" on YT does the math

I just stumbled upon this guy today, although he's been around for a long time. This is his most recent vid. I know that he's selling a product, but he appears to understand the math and physics of room acoustics and how his products work within the numbers. I watched several of his vids in...
  13. Astoneroad

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

I just bought a pair of new Salon 2 in wood. The dealer has been great. He's got 3 pairs left, 2 in black 1 in wood, $12k plus shipping. He only received these from Revel in the last 45 days. Mine are on the truck to me... these are my bucket list speakers... tick... tock. The owner's name...
  14. Astoneroad

Nevermind, off the mkt.

I just bought my bucket list speakers, Salon 2s, replacing my 208s, which will replace this pair of 206s that were in my HT. These were damaged in shipping a few years ago. I've listened to them everyday since and they sound great. I've been blown away by how good they are for the money. I...
  15. Astoneroad

Shazam Maps Millions of Songs Into Audio Fingerprints - WSJ

This description copied directly from the YT post. "More than 23,000 songs are identified each minute by Shazam and the app has been used over 70 billion times. But while using it is simple, a complex computation makes it possible. Apple purchased the company in 2018, helping Shazam become one...
  16. Astoneroad

50-Ton Sonic Sphere in NYC... "The Sphere" in Vegas... any thoughts?

There's an article on the front page of today's NYT titled: "Enter the 50-Ton Concert Hall That Hangs Like a Disco Ball"... At the Shed in Manhattan, audience members can take in live, spatially designed music inside a suspended hall called the Sonic Sphere...
  17. Astoneroad

4Ω vs 8Ω taps on Mcintosh autoformer question.

I have a Mcintosh MC7300 amp with 4Ω Sonus Faber Cremona speakers. I just bought a pair of 8Ω Revel 208s. The Cremonas are plugged into the 4Ω taps. I'd like to "compare" the SF's to the Revels for awhile before I part with the Cremonas. I'm going to measure each to compare how they perform...
  18. Astoneroad

Sold

These are in near perfect condition, I can't find a mark or blemish to highlight. These have been prized and taken care of since leaving the factory in Italy. I've had several Sonus Faber speakers in different finishes and the graphite is far and away my favorite. These definitely score an "11"...
  19. Astoneroad

Delete please

Please delete, thanks.
  20. Astoneroad

Window shutters buzz... would DSP correct this?

I live in the dessert and these types of shutters are needed to shield from 110 degree temps and intense sunlight, so those must stay. It seems like the room modes / buzzing at some freq. is the result of these singing back at me. At least that seems to be the most obvious culprit, but haven't...
Top Bottom