Search results

1. Astoneroad

Opening up a small boutique HiFi shop in retirement?

I've never seen such uniformity of opinion amongest the ASR enclave. Disregard such sage advice at your bankroll's peril.
  2. Astoneroad

$/dB SINAD @ 5 watts, is this a meaningful metric to anyone? Should it be noted in reviews? Or should those interested calculate it themselves?

It depends upon the audience. After 80 dB SINAD... does it matter? Does the dB/$ top out at audibility? If not, then dB/$ isn't a useful metric outside of bragging rights for engineering... it would seem... from a non-engineer's perspective. With that said, I'd vote that it is not a useful...
  3. Astoneroad

Spherically Dead (in Vegas)

Tickets currently range $2-500 to the best of my knowledge. A 3 day pass to Woodstock was $15.
  4. Astoneroad

Great catch... that line was precisely why I picked that soundtrack. I stripped whatever was with the vid and used Touch of Grey. There's lots of Vegas references in Dead lyrics... that I considered.
  5. Astoneroad

24 shows in Vegas. I live in Vegas... and saw the Dead around 100 times between 1970-95... but these shows are a big pass for me... for subjective and objective reasons... lol. Jerry's last spoken words to Bob Weir are reported to be... "Always a hoot..." <iframe width="560" height="315"...
  6. Astoneroad

Ken Fritz - Audiophile Documentary

Sisyphus Audio... where "Rock" rules...
  7. Astoneroad

“All of humanity's problems, stem from man's inability to sit quietly in a room alone.” - ” Blaise Pascal 1654, “
  8. Astoneroad

I don't either... the ringing in my ears doesn't allow me to fool myself... nor does the feedback from ASR allow much self delusion... lol.
  9. Astoneroad

I think that we do plenty of that to ourselves without outside help... lol.
  10. Astoneroad

This is obviously a Washington Post article and you may hit a pay wall or other speed bump to read it. It may get a bit existential, but if there's a group of people in the world that I'd like to hear their take... it's this group...
  11. Astoneroad

How to stop picking your nose

Wear gloves.
  12. Astoneroad

Value and luxury

Unlike a sports car, when you exceed an acceptable decibel/speed level... you're not putting others lives at risk... usually.
  13. Astoneroad

First speaker to reproduce a 60hz sq wave

... like gravity and Q.E.D... and no one thinks those are actually "real". :cool:
  14. Astoneroad

FedEx Damaged My Sub in Transit and Denied My Claim

The option is there, although it's not obvious. There is an additional form printed out with your label for the signature of the driver or counter person that accepts the package. This is VERY easy to miss and cause for rejection of a claim. As previously suggested, perhaps through another...
  15. Astoneroad

Need advice on floor speakers, budget around 1,500 $

Revel F206 used... great bang for the buck.
  16. Astoneroad

FedEx Damaged My Sub in Transit and Denied My Claim

You didn't mention if the shipment was insured? I've had claims for damaged gear, a crushed Mcintosh amp for $1500 and a grill for $200, with both Fed Ex and UPS. Both times the claim was denied and I pushed and collected on both. I had to go to internal arbitration with FedEx and then keep...
  17. Astoneroad

The pain of being a member of ASR

Agreed. However, I was referring to all relationships regarding "Zen...". Gender doesn't really apply as much as the difference between classic/romantic viewpoints. However, Pope of Greenwich village has been gender charged in my experience. Yes... I think that the ASR...
  18. Astoneroad

The pain of being a member of ASR

This cognitive dissonance is a deal breaker for me, audio is just one of the areas that it rears its' head. I've found that a way to break a relationship is to discuss the concept of quality as presented by Pirsig in "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"... works every time. If I wanted...
  19. Astoneroad

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

A day... hiking with the pup before sunrise... with a head full of 'shrooms... just another Monday... celebrating the Big Bang.
  20. Astoneroad

Sold

Sorry, sold. I'll change the title.
Top Bottom