Search results

1. L

Can one tube sound faster/slower than another?

Ive started tube rolling an fx audio tube-01 and there are definite differences between them. What I'm noticing most is the latest tube I have sounds much slower. Which makes it superb for classical and instruments but not great for most other genres. Is there a definitive guide to tubes and...
  2. L

What matches the Massdrop thx AAA 789?

As the title states what matches the 789 whether in terms of specs, sound, etc. Price no object.
  3. L

Tecsun Caogen headphone pad rolling has changed my life

There are times that in this hobby things seem expensive or maybe even the feeling that damn it that upgrade didn't really do what I was hoping. Then there are the times you find something truly excellent, something that makes you smile from ear to ear, tapping your foot to the music and bob...
  4. L

Amazon Basics, Audioquest, Morrow audio RCA cables Compared

Before we start: I am no expert in sound engineering or do I have any access to measurement test rigs or anything of that nature. What I do have is my love of this hobby and my ears. I am still learning terms and descriptive lingo, so go easy on me. I've been into audio/video ever since I was a...
  5. L

Geshelli Labs Enog2 Pro DAC, Aune X1S review and comparison

Before we start: I am no expert in sound engineering or do I have any access to measurement test rigs or anything of that nature. What I do have is my love of this hobby and my ears. I am still learning terms and descriptive lingo, so go easy on me. I've been into audio/video ever since I was a...
  6. L

What cables do you use in your systems?

What cables do you use in your systems? Interconnects: Speaker cable: Coax cable: USB cable: Power cable:
  7. L

Geshelli Labs ENOG2 PRO DAC Fully balanced

Geshelli Labs just released a brand new fully balanced DAC the ENOG2 PRO DAC. Currently on sale for $159 for black friday. Do you know of any other fully balanced dac's near this price? IT'S HERE! Introducting our next generation Digital to Analog Converter, the ENOG2 Pro. We've performed a...
  8. L

Aune x1s

I currently own the Aune X1S and XP1 power supply. I think it sounds fantastic with my current amp and headphones but am looking for the next step up. What would you recommend under $300? Currently using the zmf classics, he400i, ad900x headphones. All powered with my liquid spark, which was a...
Top Bottom