Search results

1. J

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

finally...something available to replace my SB Touch...if/when it dies.
  2. J

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Now that is pretty funny...me being a former 3x SAAB owner (85 SPG, 2001 Viggen, 2008 Aero XWD...
  3. J

SMSL D12 DAC & Headphone Amp Review

@amirm Conclusion refers to both D15 and D12. Just FYI. Thanks for the review...
  4. J

TANCHJIM Space Portable Headphone Adapter Review

Agreed...I am eagerly awaiting the iPhone 15 with the USB port. Now just need USB Audio Player Pro to do an iOS app. Of course Apple might lock it down and we will have to wait for the Euro Courts to force the use of the standard USB protocol.
  5. J

Carver M-1.5t Review (Vintage Amp)

Hook up some Cerwin Vegas, put it in a bar, and play some early heavy rock and it will work fine.
  6. J

Edifier S2000 Pro Review (Powered Monitor)

I have the S1000DB...not the last word in resolution and refinement but they are fun, a lot of connections, and are perfect in the garage. Hooked up to Alexa they are great to listen to Radio Paradise as I putter about. I, too, am interested in the Air Pulse line. Good reviews on other sites...
  7. J

Paradigm Prestige 15B Review (bookshelf speaker)

I have a pair of 5se's from 1990 or so. I would never call them bright...unless compared to the Sansui speakers my dad brought back from Vietnam. I had them paired with Yamaha RX300, also from 1990. I thought it sounded pretty good. When the amp died I replaced with the Marantz 1604...a...
  8. J

Paradigm Prestige 15B Review (bookshelf speaker)

I never understood the term "ears bleed" until I listened to a Classe Amp with Energy speakers....I went with Linn
  9. J

Linn Majik DS-1 Streamer & Amplifier Review

I have a 20 year old Linn system I still enjoy: Majik-iL, Keilidh, and a 2250 power amp (added 8-9 years ago). Everything else I heard, other than Naim, in the same price range made my ears bleed. I am trying to remember what was available for streaming when this DS was...
  10. J

Dell XPS 8930 RealTek HD Audio Interface Review

Back in 2005 I bought a Dell Latitude D610 and it had audible hiss, quite loud, that was a known issue. I ended up getting a SoundBlaster card for the PCMCIA slot. That was quite nice.
  11. J

Suggestions for Intel Motherboard?

If you end up keeping the the Costco PC I would upgrade the cooler and keep a spare power supply around. I bought an Alienware Aurora after Dell bought the company and the only think I have replaced is the PS and upgraded the CPU from a i7-920 to a i7-980 (the 990 is still way too much $$)...
  12. J

Measurements of the Pioneer SC-61 AVR

Better than expected... I have one of the Marantz slim AVRs...hooked up to an OLED LG TV and ... well it works. I do not think much of the sound. IMO only, measuring AVRs is an effort in frustration. I am interested if Amirm gets around to an Anthem AVR. I was very disappointed in the NAD...
  13. J

Foobar or JRiver

Neither...I use a QNAP NAS that feeds a Squeezebox Touch and I control with iPeng on an iPad (plus a couple of other controllers on my Android phone...neither of which is as good as iPeng). I have used Foobar and I own JRiver 23 but i play music through my PC as little as possible.
  14. J

Review and Measurements of NuForce DAC80

Hmmm....I use a NuForce HDP and have been for years...I guess it is time to change. I have several portables (xDSD, Nano BL DSD, NX4, Fiio Q5, SMSL IQ, Sony PHA3). I would plug in the Sony (too large for portable) but it does not charge while playing...perhaps the xDSD.
  15. J

Inside ifi iOne Nano Portable DAC and Headphone Amplifier

I think this DAC sounds pretty good and has a couple of pluses that I like: 1) Connects instantly to my Windows Laptops unlike my Fiio Q5 which takes a couple of tries, and 2) charges while playing...I am thinking of installing in my home system to replace my Nuforce HDP from many years ago...
Top Bottom