Search results

1. H

Will a Topping Nx3s Clip at High Gain when Used with a D30?

Hello Everyone, I hope life is treating you well. I just want to know if the Nx3s would clip with the D30 at high gain. Low gain doesn’t seem to provide enough power to fully bring out the dynamic range in a classical track with my HE 400i. It just generally sounds a bit thin with the HE 400i...
  2. H

Is Upgrading from the D30 to the D50s worth it (is the difference audible)?

Hello ASR peoples! I hope you are doing well. I currently own a Topping D30, Hifiman HE 400i, as well as a Topping NX3s. I have a number of CDs that I listen to on a regular basis. I have considered trying to sell my D30 for ~ $100 and getting a Topping D50s, but I'm not sure if the...
  3. H

Sennheiser HD 598 vs (unmodded) Fostex T50rp MK3 vs Other <$300 Headphones

Hello All! I was wondering if anyone had thoughts on how the HD 598 would compare to a Fostex T50rp MK3. Any help would be much appreciated. I will be using the headphones for both gaming and music and want something with good imaging that sounds somewhat spacious and tonally balanced. If...
  4. H

Appropriate ~ $100 Amp (available in Canada) to Pair with Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro (250 Ohm), Topping D30

Hello Everyone! Wondering if you can help with this one. I was thinking of the the topping NX3, but I would need to have it on high gain to drive the DT 990, which would presumably cause clipping when I connected it to the D30. The 32 Ohm DT 990 premium costs $70 more than the 250 Ohm variation...
  5. H

What is PRTF/HRTF Accuracy?

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tests/sound-quality/soundstage Hello everyone! I was wondering if some of you could help me with this. I’ve read rtings.com’s little blurb on their PRTF accuracy measurement numerous times and understand what they do to measure this, but I’m still confused as...
  6. H

Xbox 360 and CDs

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well. Please let me know if I should modify the title or move the thread to a different area at any time. I want to start listening to some CDs with my hifi audio setup and was initially thinking I'd use my Xbox 360 to play CDs. Then, I stumbled across this...
  7. H

Topping D30 & Portable Headphone Amplifier

Hello Everyone! I hope you are doing well. I'm new here, please let me know if I should put this question in the newbie forums instead. Can the Topping D30 output audio to a portable headphone amplifier without overpowering/damaging said amplifier? I'm currently using an Xtrempro portable...
Top Bottom