Search results

1. My adventures in stereo

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

Surprised by the radio silence on the Cambridge Audio CXN 100 After how well rated its predecessor the Cambridge Audio CXN V2, was universally Expected to see more interest in its successor I am currently using a Wiim Pro, like it a lot Just ordered a CXN100, to try it out Had previously...
  2. My adventures in stereo

Desktop system purifi monobloc with Dynaudio focus Vs Genelec 8040 A

Have a chance to pick up a pair of Genelec 8040A used for 1k$ Have been following Genelec monitor reviews here and have never experienced them first hand I am currently using a Purifi based monoblocs from audiofonics , with Dynaudio Focus 140 speakers Preamp duty being done by RME ADI2 DAC FS...
  3. My adventures in stereo

Stereo Sub Vs Dual Mono

I am presently running a triple SVS PB 2000 sub system, calibrated through REW/ dirac, through minidsp SHD Which sounds fantastic I have run dual mono subs in the past & prefer the 3 sub setup, for the wider sweet spot & the head room available Never tried a stereo sub system, where one is...
  4. My adventures in stereo

Dirac Live ( Stereo ) my experience so far

I picked up a Minidsp SHD about a year back Having played around with REW on minidsp 2x4 HD on my 3.2 home theater I was fairly confident with using REW and did not expect too much of a learning curve incorporating dirac live in to the mix My system at this point was 2.2 2 revel M126 Be with...
  5. My adventures in stereo

How do you set your high/ low pass filters, for sub speaker integration?

I have been setting my low pass & high pass values to 80 hz -12 db on my minidsp systems Noticed that on measuring through REW, this value causes a significant loss of gain from 50 to 150 hz, compared to unfiltered curve I played around with values, setting high pass to 80 hz at -6 db and low...
  6. My adventures in stereo

Further Adventures in Quad sub management : Geddes

So I run a quad sub system,3 SVS & PB 2000 Pro and a Velodyne CHT 12 With Revel M 126 Be book shelves crossed over at 60 hz as my mains A NAD C298 power the mains and the preamp duty is done by a minidsp SHD System is controlled using REW, sligned using the REW tool and eq'ed in REW, with a 6...
  7. My adventures in stereo

Fun with quad subs

Wanted to see how the sub only output of " Game of Love" by Daft punk sounded Did a one minute recording, sub only & with subs & mains working Artist - Daft Punk Album - Random Access Memories Source - CD Speakers - Revel M126 Be Nu Prime CDT 8 Pro Pre Amp -Minidsp SHD Power Amp - NAD C298...
  8. My adventures in stereo

Value for money, Audio video integration software

I like to record tracks for youtube To share recordings done on my system Currently recording videos on my Samsung Note 20 Ultra with a USB Shure MV 88+ Very easy to record videos, then post directly on to youtube from my phone I dont like the sound quality of this recording method Hence...
  9. My adventures in stereo

REW Sub equalisation adding a room curve

I use a minidsp SHD on a 2.3 system Revel M126 Mains SVS PB 2000 x3 subs My usual calibration involves : Using the alignment tool in REW to set the delay & then eq flat to 200 hz Next run Dirac and then introduce a Harman curve through Dirac This process has been a bit inconsistent with...
  10. My adventures in stereo

Thinking about a Quad sub, minidsp'ed stereo setup

Already running a triple sub setup, 2x SVS PB 2000 Pro and a Velodyne CHT 12 ported box Eq'ed through a minidsp SHD/ Dirac The rest of the system is : Revel M126 Be NAD C298 Minidsp SHD souce vinyl, CD, SACD and Streaming I am very happy with the bass & the frequency response curve on REW...
  11. My adventures in stereo

When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? by Billie Eilish: Insane bass

I was totally put off by the insane amount of bass in this album, to the point it was unlistenable on my system Recently I gave it a relisten with bass turned down to -24 db from my usual listening level of -15 db on my minidsped triple sub system Now it was listenable to, with tolerable bass...
  12. My adventures in stereo

A turntable set up primer for beginners

I have been listening to vinyl over the past year I was briefly exposed to my uncles turntable as a kid and it ended badly with me damaging the stylus Loved the sound but not the routine and the learning curve, also left a feeling about the fragility of the system Had no clue about setting up a...
  13. My adventures in stereo

Just Upgraded from a Fluance RT 85 with Ortofon Blue to a Technics Sl 1200 GR with AT 95 ML

I am a relative new to Turntables and vinyl Picked up a Fluance RT 85 belt drive turntable, prefitted with a Ortofon blue MM cartridge Great value at 500$, with acrylic platter and the cartridge I really enjoyed using it with a Parasound Z phono XRM phono preamp Learned the ropes with it and...
  14. My adventures in stereo

What new Vinyl did you get? please post a picture

Picked up this eva cassidy acoustic recording, beautiful pressing, no audible pops or clicks By "new", I meant to your collection
  15. My adventures in stereo

Added a Third Sub to my Stereo

Having read a lot about the using of multi subs and now having experienced dual SVS PB 2000 Pro for a while I have a old Velodyne Sub also 12" ported Thought I would incorporate it in to my stereo & see the outcome after dsp on my minidsp SHD I connected the velodyne to my left SVS sub through...
  16. My adventures in stereo

Minidsp - Bass response opinions on measurements

Hi I have been using a minidsp shd for nearly 6 months, recently picked up a pair of Revel 126 Be bookshelf speakers Did a few calibration, the most pleasing result I got, was this curve " cal 2 dirac on " " Cal 2 with dirac off " Another calibration " Preset 3 with dirac on"...
  17. My adventures in stereo

Recording stereo samples for youtube

I enjoy recording sound samples from my system and sharing on youtube Have a pretty good collection of recordings on LP, CD & SACD I make no money from this hobby Used to record using my phone and found the sound quality sub par Then I switched to a Shure MV 88 +, as an external USB mic...
  18. My adventures in stereo

Minidsp SHD Calibration routine; 6 months on

I have been using a minidsp SHD for nearly 6 months now This used to be my routine : Measuring the subs, with no crossover enabled Making sure both subs & both mains are at the same levels I run my subs around 6 db above the mains, keeping in mind the Fletcher Munson curve & my listening...
  19. My adventures in stereo

Revel M106 to Revel M126 Be, just made the switch

I have been using the Revel M106 for a year & really like it The upgrade itch caught me & the M126 BE seemed the logical choice I prefer bookself speakers with dsp'ed dual subs The M126 Be on paper was the upgraded M106, with the Beryllium tweeter & the ceramic wave guide etc The upgrade...
  20. My adventures in stereo

A few thoughts on setting up a new hifi

A friend had suggested that, I should put together my thoughts on setting up a new HiFI system, for a budget limited beginner. Took me a while to get a starting point. Source: The starting point must be a reasonable sounding, widely available source, which is cheap.A streaming solution...
Top Bottom