Search results

1. M

Placement help in restricted room? (new speakers?)

Still wondering about this, also curious if I could somehow capitalize on my current speaker’s rear tweeters?
  2. M

No, at least not at the moment. I’ve been curious as to whether or not that‘d be worth it, but the mirror wall is pretty much the same length as the current front wall I’m placing it at, just without the sidewall problem/first reflection wall being closer to me. 150” wall limits rear wall...
  3. M

Thanks for the reply. Are you suggesting absorption on the sidewall (window) close to the speaker? Would that solve the imaging issues? Also, I could move the speakers in a bit so that sidewall becomes less of an issue, but that would move my listening spot right beside that little 45” wall, no go?
  4. M

Bump. I was wondering how I should go about accounting for room dimension? (In cubic) Would accounting for the “l” and “_” parts of the room then adding them be correct? 3.8m (150”) x 3.5m (140”) x 2.2m (86” [ceiling height]) + 4.8m (190”) x 3.5m (140”) x 2.2m (86”) = 66m3? I rounded down...
  5. M

Newbie Hi-Fi questions

I read that Salk sometimes uses drivers to change sound signature. Despite all their speakers measuring close to flat would a change in driver material really make a speaker seem less harsh sounding?
  6. M

Newbie Hi-Fi questions

Radiation as in on/off axis? I'm not sure if you saw my other thread, but I believe I'm in a situation where there seems to be unwanted room gain (one speaker is close to a side wall while the other isn't) I'm wondering if active moniters/DSP can fix that?
  7. M

Newbie Hi-Fi questions

1. Wouldn't that be perceived as innacurate though? Don't audiophiles try to take the room out of the equation with treatments and DSP? I was wondering more along the lines of if a speaker could deviate from a flat response and still measure brilliantly. (What about design compromises? My...
  8. M

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Are they really "ESLs"? lol To add to the thread though: Koss ESP-950, KZ ES4, Audio Technica AD2000
  9. M

Newbie Hi-Fi questions

(My impressions are that this is somewhat of a fact-based forum, so please do answer my questions with empirical evidence rather than just objectivist buzzwords) 1. Is there such a thing as a good speaker that doesn't measure flat (warm)? Or is a product of that nature just something with...
  10. M

Hello everyone, I'm pretty restricted in my placement options atm. (excuse the terrible diagram) I'm unable place the speakers in the bottom half of the room, (it's there for reference only). I was suggested that the right side of the 190" wall would be my best bet (speakers will be firing...
Top Bottom