Search results

1. Audiofire

Kingston HyperX Cloud II - Low Volume and Impedance

https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/KHX-HSCP_us.pdf Distortion looks good on rtings.com, much lower than 2%. Volume and EQ are the same when using 3.5 mm or USB connection of the USB control box. I believe the average impedance from a computer is around 30 ohms, which doesn't seem low enough...
  2. Audiofire

Video Called "Hear Sound Loss in Speaker Cable"

HiFi Klubben is a retailer that is located in some European countries. They have marketing about why they choose to sell the expensive audio cables from Argon Audio and Audioquest. Here is an article about that they think one can hear an improvement from the expensive speaker cables. But the...
  3. Audiofire

Turntable Susceptibility to RFI

Does residential radio-frequency interference cause audible problems for a turntable setup, especially with a WiFi router or mobile phone a few meters away? The cartridge and tonearm would be places that are affected if there is any issue, especially with a sensitive moving coil cartridge. Would...
  4. Audiofire

Yamaha M-2 - Vintage Amplifier Restoration

The service manual is online and instructions are given on page 8 for adjustments of the variable resistors. One of the level indicator LEDs stopped working, and I would be interested if someone could help with the exact steps to do the adjustment.
  5. Audiofire

Servicing Safety and Replacement of Electrolytic Capacitors

Health Hazards "The limited energy in capacitors (E = (1/2) C V²) restricts the duration of the shock, even if there are no circuit breakers to trip. The shock current will be limited by the body resistance, and the duration of the shock will be characterized by the time constant (τ = R C)...
  6. Audiofire

The Importance of LCR Meters

Do you use one and do you think it is worth having for people who would not use it very often, and are not in a professional setting? I am going to buy some electrolytic capacitors from Nichicon at Mouser, and film capacitors from Miflex at TME. I don't have an LCR meter, although B&K Precision...
Top Bottom