Search results

1. B

Kali IN-5 Studio Monitor Review

Hi, this is what I get from my left speaker at 139 Hz : It is not comming from the stand but the speaker itself. I'll have to ask for an exchange, am I right ? Thanks
  2. B

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

I have frequent cracks when I play music through this amp with USB connection. Has anyone experienced the same issue ?
  3. B

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

Is it a bad idea to lower the bass from the amp and add some gain to the subwoofer to achieve the equivalent of a high pass filter for the speakers ?
  4. B

miniDSP Flex

With those recommended cables (https://support.minidsp.com/support/solutions/articles/47001204343-flex-balanced-connectivity-which-trs-to-rca-cable-should-i-use-), is it ok to connect a balanced Flex to an unbalanced power amp for speakers ?
  5. B

Polk Monitor XT speaker reviews (posted by Erin)

Is the XT15 suitable in a desktop setup ?
  6. B

Subwoofer Comparison

I wish it was available in Europe ...
  7. B

Share your in-room measurements?

I'm trying to do my first room correction and crossover set up ever with a MiniDSP Flex. I only EQwed the sub alone so far and set the crossover frequency to 70 Hz. The curve seems bad in the 80-200Hz region. Is it a room related problem ? What could I do ? Thank you
  8. B

Help me choose my 2nd nearfield system

Hello, I need a second nearfield audio system for music playback on a desk for a different house, relatively on a budget as the time spent there is 25% of the year. My main system is MiniDSP Flex/Kali In-5/SVS 1000 Pro based. A subwoofer for this other system will come later (probably an other...
  9. B

Please help me with my dysfunctioning setup

Sorry for the very late reply. I have been listening to my speaker for quite some time since I wrote this and I don't hear any weird distortion any more, except very rarely on some particular music but I am suspecting the source on those cases. I can't say what was going on but it seems that...
  10. B

Please help me with my dysfunctioning setup

I recorded the crackles I get from a sweep on both speakers : https://vocaroo.com/1KSke39g3iWV It came from one chanel so I sent back the one which had problems. I ran this sweep with the speaker the seller sent me back (exactly the same :facepalm:) and the crackles are now coming from both...
  11. B

Kali IN-5 Studio Monitor Review

I've enjoyed those speakers for a month now, but one of them is starting to produce some discrete but still annoying sizzling. So I guess it's defective, maybe I could have I played music too loud ? My setup is PC->MiniDSP->Kali In 5 (TRS)
  12. B

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Linux MS-7A40 5.15.0-27-generic #28-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 14 04:55:28 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I'm not using the Server version.
  13. B

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

I get "cannot execute binary file: Exec format error" from Ubuntu 22.04 when I try starting CamillaDSP. Maybe someone has clue about this ? Thank you
  14. B

[Advice] Setup evolution

I went for a dual Monolith 10". Except for the space they take, I'm very happy. Ultimately, I am going to keep my Yamaha amp as it is very convenient. I would like to change the vintage Ditton 44 for something measuring better. I tend to be attracted by some Aria 906 over Polk R200 or Elac...
  15. B

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Shipped today. No news from customs so far.
  16. B

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Same here for balanced
  17. B

miniDSP Flex

Thank you for all the answers. Sorry for the dumb question : So I cut an RCA cable, then solder the other part as above. But I don't understand what to do with the shield connected to the white end.
  18. B

miniDSP Flex

Like this ? Plugging in just one RCA ?
  19. B

miniDSP Flex

Is there any issue to plug the balanced output from the Flex to a RCA input of a SVS SB1000Pro through this adapter and a RCA cable ? Thanks
Top Bottom