Search results

1. M

Great recordings of classical music

Kubelík recorded Má Vlast multiple times, but that recording is of a special occasion: Kubelík's 1990 return to Czechoslovakia after exile. Kubelík had left Czechoslovakia in 1948 following the communist takeover and vowed not to return until it was restored to democracy, which occurred in 1989...
  2. M

Streaming services: classical Music, any Primephonic/Apple updates, other?

I was able to access the Naxos Music Library through the Alameda County Library. Apply online for a library card (California residents are eligible) https://alam1.aclibrary.org/selfreg You will receive an eCard number by email. Login and set a PIN number for the account...
  3. M

Streaming services: classical Music, any Primephonic/Apple updates, other?

Thanks, it looks very interesting! Naxos Music Library has unique features not available in other music streaming services. It was originally developed for institutions (schools, universities, public libraries). It looks appealing to me as a classical music enthusiast but has some drawbacks...
  4. M

Qobuz - Moode integration from Android and Windows Apps ?

Using UPnP, the music stream doesn't pass through your phone. The BubbleUPnP app acts as the UPnP control point. It tells the UPnP renderer (Moode) to retrieve the data directly from the UPnP server (Qobuz). Read more about UPnP here and here. I believe that you entered your Qobuz credentials...
  5. M

Harbeth Monitor 30 Speaker Review

What vintage is your Harbeth? That style of Harbeth logo is quite old and I would guess it is a C7ES-2 from at least 15 years ago. Drivers and crossovers in the C7 model have been updated twice since that time.
  6. M

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

The designer (Jason Stoddard) wrote about Tyr's development and mentioned Toshiba power transistors but not which type. The Stereophile review says bipolar.
  7. M

ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 Bookshelf Speakers too boomy please test

What are the room dimensions (width, length)? I'm also curious about "front ports are behind the monitor". It would help us understand your arrangement if you post photos.
  8. M

Do you set the subwoofer volume knob to max?

You shouldn't care about the actual position of the subwoofer volume knob. You should set it to whatever level so that the subwoofer output matches and blends well with the output of the main speakers (either from measurement, or by ear to your listening preference). It does seem unusual that...
  9. M

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Current measurement practices are inadequate. MORE measuring is needed.
  10. M

New Philharmonic BMR HT Towers

Hi Dennis, do you have any pics of your speakers with grills? There are none on your website. How much do they affect the sound?
  11. M

Historical recordings like these are in the public domain, no longer under copyright, and get reissued on a regular basis by small independent labels. These albums are on Qobuz, Tidal and Amazon Music: This is on Spotify. Curiously, I can't find a version on Apple. On YouTube, I see 4...
  12. M

Harbeth Monitor 30 Speaker Review

Are you using extra tweeters on top of your Harbeths? What were you trying to accomplish and what was the result?
  13. M

Qudelix is developing a MiniDSP destroyer.

What makes it not a surround IEM? Each surround channel on a separate driver, as you would do with surround speakers. https://www.qudelix.com/blogs/t71/in-ear-surround-with-t71-iem
  14. M

Harbeth speakers

Shaw's explanation in the HUG forum is that the P3ESR (a shoebox size mini-monitor) is limited in how loud it can play, and 50W is sufficient for the subwoofer to match the P3's maximum output capability. I agree that it is expensive. It might make sense as a plug-and-play upgrade for an...
  15. M

Qudelix is developing a MiniDSP destroyer.

In case you haven't seen it, the Qudelix-T71 User Manual is available. Sad to see that the final design no longer has a rotary volume control that was shown in post #27. The volume control has been changed to two buttons that are exactly symmetrical with two other buttons on the opposite side...
  16. M

It is a collection of 10 albums that were already released separately, and now available together in a 10-CD box set. https://outhere-music.com/en/albums/haydn-2032-vol-1-10-symphonies It will probably not be released on streaming services in this format as a single set, but the individual...
  17. M

Alpha Classics is one of the largest independent classical music record labels. Here in the US it is on Spotify, Apple, Amazon, Qobuz, Tidal – and Deezer. I'm very surprised that it wouldn't be on Deezer worldwide. For example, the well known violinist Patricia Kopatchinskaja has 11 albums on...
  18. M

Great orchestral / symphonic organ music which challenges your hardware

@Kal Rubinson, that is correct — in the Barenboim/Chicago recording of Saint-Saëns Symphony #3, the orchestra was recorded in Chicago with the organ dubbed in from Chartres Cathedral in France. However, I believe @computer-audiophile was referring to the Saint-Saëns composition itself, not to...
  19. M

Hilary Hahn Shreds

As of yesterday, Universal Music Group (Hyperion label's new owner) have begun releasing the Hyperion catalog on all the streaming services. On Qobuz, I now see some Ibragimova albums from Hyperion — not the Ysaÿe album yet but it may be coming. I also see Hyperion albums by Angela Hewitt and...
  20. M

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I don't see the Tidal interface working like that. Are you connected with Tidal Connect? These are screenshots from the Tidal app.
Top Bottom