Search results

1. K

Let's stop calling Class D amplifiers "efficient" when they are not.

Simple power meter plugged into the wall outlet. Good enough for this type of triage. Like this. https://amzn.eu/d/7nr0wh1
  2. K

Did a very simple, non-scientific test to determine the efficiency of a classic A/B type amp (Nubert Amp A. 2*540 W 4 Ohm (0,5% THD+N) and a Audiophonics NCore NC2050 MP 2*250 W 4 Ohm THD=1%. Speakers: Nubert Nuvero 140 440W/600W Cable...
  3. K

Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II Streamer Review

The heavy transformer supports the marketing angle ' HiFi by the pound'. Who shells out 5k for a light weight piece of HiFi equipment?
  4. K

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

You guys got me all wrong...... I do have one motorcycle right now, the 10+ is total number of of bikes I have owned so far. I have way more hifi setups than bikes right now.
  5. K

Which one of my 10+ bikes?
  6. K

Death trap back then. Plastic swing-arm bushing, I don't kid you. Engine seriously faster than brakes and chassis.
  7. K

After one Harley Softail Standard, five Harley Electra Glides, , a 1967 ElectraGlide Police, four BMW K1600 and one Tiger 1200 now on the Swiss army knife of the bike world
  8. K

Heat cycles create mechanical stress on the equipment. Running it 24/7 creates heat stress. You pick
  9. K

I have exactly that one driving two Canton 896.2 full size speakers. They barely get warm to the touch after hours of playing at moderate levels. Great full size amp with no noticeable thermal issues bcs there is practically nothing inside.
  10. K

What items have you purchased as a result of ASR?

Hypex ncore based double mono amp from audiophonics
  11. K

Audiophonics EVO-SABRE Balanced RPI DAC Review

Yes, the same here. Linearity is not perfect but it doesn’t matter to me. Volume numbers between DAC and Roon are not the same either. No problem for me
  12. K

The Science of Roon Endpoint price points

This as an endpoint for your #2. A pearl for the money
  13. K

CCA or Raspberry pi 4 for roon endpoint.

Was speed reading and attributed another post to you. Sorry for the confusion. BTW I am partial to Pi 4 as Roon endpoints running Ropieee software bridge.
  14. K

CCA or Raspberry pi 4 for roon endpoint.

If you refer to your Cambridge Evo that u mentioned in another post, that one is Roon Ready AFAIK
  15. K

FS in Europe: SMSL SU-9 DAC

Original box and invoice still there?
  16. K

Just fired up my first ever Hifi set-up. It's OK?

Why do you have a preamp in the setup? Take it our and see what you get.
  17. K

What was the equipment upgrade you are most happy with?

Home Audio Fidelity (HAF) room correction.
  18. K

Help with deciding on Streamer and Setup upgrade

Suggestion: Audiophonics Streamer/DAC with integrated RPi4 (runs all kinds of streaming software) around €500 Audiophonics power amp provides ample power to drive any kind of reasonably designed speaker € 800 leaves you with about 1500€ for speakers like Nubert Nuboxx for around 1000 € or a...
Top Bottom