Search results

1. T

Do We Want All Speakers To Sound The Same ?

How does one do this? Is it possible through Roon? I did some cursory googling and couldn't really find anything. Thanks in advanced to whoever answers
  2. T

Relationship between "brightness" and "resolution"

Maybe it's a bit futile as of now to determine a metric from what makes a transducer "resolving." I don't want to mention the word "speed" when it comes to a driver because I don't think that's it. But I hypothesize it has something to do with the transients and how accurately they're portrayed...
  3. T

OK so you share a similar subjective impression as me. I guess the crux of what I'm asking is, what metrics can we use to differentiate a more resolving transducer from a less resolving one? You'd think it be in a frequency response graph like I posted in my comment above this. But as we've...
  4. T

In room measurements. Lets ignore my impressions with speakers since the room and reflections matter a whole lot. I've heard bright headphones (beyerdynamic DT990, DT1990, Meze 109 Pro, and a few Hifiman) but they're not nearly as "resolving" as the dark LCD-5. I own both the DT1990 and...
  5. T

I currently DSP my speakers (Philaharmonic BMR Towers with Benchmark preamp and amp) to a flat response using a software called Audiolense. This software generates a correction convolution filter that I then load into my playback software. Sorry for the colors being not the best but I can't...
  6. T

What is the relationship between these two terms? There seems to be a common sentiment that the more treble a transducer has, the more "resolving" it sounds. But this isn't always the case with my subjective, sighted listening impressions of various headphones and speakers. I've heard various...
  7. T

Capital Audiofest 2022 - November 11th-13th

Your room was one of the first rooms I visited on Friday! I must say that you are a pleasant person and cellos sounded really nice to my ear I wish you would've let me play some Tool though haha. Take care!
  8. T

It does certainly help. Thank you very much for answering and teaching me something today. I really appreciate it. Is there anyway you could share the measurements of the 521 in the room at CAF and elsewhere?
  9. T

In my comment above with some reviews of systems, I made sure to point out how terrible of an audio reviewer I'd be. Because there were only a few systems that I found offensive. I certainly don't have a golden ear nor lots of experience in 2-channel so I have a ways to go in this hobby.
  10. T

Thank you for replying to my comment and elaborating. I understand y'all were a busy room (rightfully so given the sound quality). What benefit does a system like the Linkwitz with ASP have over a traditional passive speaker system (DAC -> amplifier(s) -> speaker) with Dirac / convolution /...
  11. T

Thank you for explaining. The demonstrators were a little overwhelmed since it was a popular room so I understand them not having the time to dig into the technical weeds as much as I'd like. Now I feel bad for being misinformed and believing you're locked in. What benefit does a system like...
  12. T

I took some notes on my experience yesterday- forgive me but I'm copying and pasting this from a Reddit post I made. I've been into the 2 channel side of audio for less than a year. Link to some photos I took of the setups. I describe them in the order of the photos. This was my first audio...
  13. T

Anthem STR pre-amp

Awesome - thank you for sharing your impressions. This Anthem would be a big step up for me. Right now I have a Schiit Freya S connected to my DAC that's connected to my computer with Roon. So I've done some simple measurements with REW and dialed in some PEQ using Roon. My conundrum is that I...
  14. T

Anthem STR pre-amp

Any issue getting the DSP right with ARC? I saw another user on here having an issue with phase aligning. Link to that thread- it's still unresolved I think. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/phase-adjustment-failure-with-str-preamp-and-arc-genesis.38067/#post-1354525
  15. T

Phase adjustment failure with STR preamp and ARC Genesis

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I'm considering upgrading to the the STR preamp in the future.
  16. T

Anthem STR pre-amp

How's the value proposition of this piece of equipment still? Are current owners still enjoying it? I'm considering getting the STR preamp to pair with my Purifi power amp but can't help but feel like Anthem is going to do a refresh sometime soon haha.
  17. T

Genelec 5.2.4 HT/Music Setup

So I plan to get 1 1723 2S sub in a little while then adding another one once I move in 6 months (I don't want to both with moving 2 subs lmao). Do you know if Multi Sub Optimizer (MSO) can be used effectively with just 1 subwoofer? Though I guess if I just have 1 sub, I can measure that in...
  18. T

Subwoofer Comparison

As one such newcomer to the world of stereo and subwoofers, thank you. I really appreciate the curation you've done.
  19. T

Genelec 5.2.4 HT/Music Setup

Are the Arendal subs still treating you well? I'm in the market for subs to pair with my Philharmonic BMR Towers - https://www.philharmonicaudio.com/Measurements-BMR-Tower.html .
  20. T

Connect 2 separate amplifiers to DAC with 1 pair of Balanced Outputs

Good call. Plus those look to be of higher build quality and not really that much more expensive.
Top Bottom