Search results

1. S

250$-300$ Compact (powered) Bookshelf speakers that don't look ugly?

I’d just use an Airplay 2 dongle that way I can cast to multiple devices into their Aux input. It adds cost but if the Three is 240$ it’s not bad all things considered. Airplay 2 is pretty damn nice for Apple Music and it doesn’t cost Sonos money
  2. S

A couple of updates: 1- I was able to A/B the Neumi BS5P vs Edifier R1280Db that a buddy has. Neither are amazing but the Edifiers were a big step up in bass by a mile from the Neumi's. The Neumi's have nearly zero bass where the Edifiers do and you can add in more via the EQ. All three us...
  3. S

So far it hasn’t been bad but it does get too loud to eat there with it louder. But that’s not something we do with it cranked obviously. I do think you are right on the multi zone. Which is cool tho because just because my space isn’t designed for a listening station, I think it can still...
  4. S

I love the throwback look of those Fives but damn they are overpriced lol. I’d try those in a heartbeat tho. In your setting, how does The Three hold up to a more tradition two bookshelf speaker setup (5” woofer)? Does it still have some warmth to it? The Neumi’s were enlightening in how a...
  5. S

Apparently I stepped on a hornets nest, apologies as I'm clearly out of my league and made a mistake. I thought you'd had a bit of input on the outcome of that speaker. What would you like the post to say instead?
  6. S

AIYIMA D03 class D amplifier "Subjective review"

OK so I got the D03 and tested it out with a few different speakers etc. Everything sounded good/great out of this thing to my untrained ears. The Fluance RT82/ART DJ Pre II turntable into its RCA sounded pretty darn good to us (some have said it lacking). I wasn't able to AB it with a...
  7. S

OK So I tried a few sets of speakers along with some passive (on Aiyima D03) over bluetooth and also my Fluance RT82 (Art DJ Pre II phono). We so far from experts but regardless we have ears and the difference in speaker setup has been noticeable. We are in a large room so we did listening in...
  8. S

OK got it. What about for just dinner table/kitchen listening (not far from those speakers)? My hope is that it'd sound decent (again with compact 5" woofer speakers) and then just be "sound" for the living room. My guess is that you and I listen to music very differently, which is cool. I'm...
  9. S

All good thoughts, thanks for the help. So the plan is listen to music in that entire room (kitchen/living/dinning area). We (family of 4) are often in the kitchen and living room hanging out. We also eat at the dinner table often (which prob isn't the biggest use for the system). It'll...
  10. S

I've heard good things about the Ai41's and they don't look bad. Kind of wish they had a nice grill with them perhaps like Jamo but they look good. Also, how about these? About the same size as the Fluance Ai41's (which my wife *thinks* might actually work size wise). 150$ is pretty damn...
  11. S

Revisited: Neumi BS5P Powered Bookshelf Speaker

Anyone have an idea on how these would compare to Fluance Ai41's? Similar size etc but Fluance is 100$ more...but dang Erin likes these a lot at a lot of price points.
  12. S

Ikea SYMFONISK Picture Frame Speaker Review

Hey is there a cheap way (less than 50-100$) to get a turntable connected to these Sonos speakers? It seems like they force you to buy an F'ing 450$ port lol.
  13. S

Hey is it possible to hook up a turn table to those things? Of course my wife kind of likes the Ikea stuff. EDIT: So yeah to get a turntable connected to that speaker frame...I have to buy a Sonos Port for like 450$ lol. F Sonos.
  14. S

oh geez, the wife likes the ikea looking stuff. She's coming around to a slightly bigger speaker (tested some existing speakers). I might be able to get away with the Fluance Ai41's we have in the mail. (I have a bunch of speakers in the mail at the moment). Those ELAC's might be decent tho...
  15. S

I actually have some ceiling mounted Yamaha IC600 (4 of them) already in the house. I hooked them up to a buddies receiver that he brought over. They sounded liked total garbage tho lol. Our Alexa speaker was much better. I think something in similar design to the Kanto YU4's could be good...
  16. S

So those are cool. AudioEngine apparently does great stuff and I think they even have some wifi integration. They are pretty tiny tho with a 2.75" woofer. I worry that I'm giving up too much compared to something with a 4" woofer (in a 8.5" tall speaker). I'm tempted to buy some Kanto YU4's...
  17. S

On the back wall under those two mini-windows. There is a wide dark wood table just past the dining table. Will have a turntable and a set of speakers for general listening/dinner parties etc. (yeah I know these speakers are going to not cut it, just trying to salvage things without buying junk)
  18. S

Those are beauties! At my price point they'd have to be powered tho. (I updated thread title).
  19. S

Hey. Yeah those look kind of cool for sure. I think they are outside of my price range tho. I'm leaning hard towards powered at this point for convenience/clean setup. Wife liked the Jamo S 803's/801's but now that we have them in house, she says they are way too big. I think the Kanto...
Top Bottom