Search results

1. FlyingFreak

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

I got 28" stands. The official ones are 25".
  2. FlyingFreak

Master Thread: “Objectivism versus Subjectivism” debate and is there a middle ground?

No one is attacking companies here. The point is to test products in regards to what they claim to be. If you actually did follow the Schiit saga on this forum, you would know Schiit welcomed constructive criticism and is now sending themselves products to Amir to be tested. And some test very...
  3. FlyingFreak

Revel M106 Bookshelf Speaker Review

Hello fellow M106 owners. Not sure if this is the best place to post this question. Feel free to indicate to me a more suited thread if need be! I recently join the club and it is getting time to add subs. It's a first for me to think to add subs to a hifi system (thanks to/because of this...
  4. FlyingFreak

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

To the owners of the Aeon Closed X: Does this makes a good active monitoring headphones? (as in to wear for while you are playing guitar or singing?) Thanks !
  5. FlyingFreak

Snake Oil Department, Top This

Dude is selling an active tranquility rack. I am rotfl I want a rack that activates anytime it doesn’t feel tranquille too! I would love for my electronics to know they are sitting on a rack that pays attention to the mood. And the mood it goes for is tranquille. Now that my electronics is...
  6. FlyingFreak

Best Guitarists Evah!!!

That's clear. I regularly try to listen to people with great technical talent able to make real complex intricate sounds. I rarely last a whole album and my brain just forget what it sounded like almost right after it stops playing. Some younger jazzmen come to mind. Great capacity ... to give...
  7. FlyingFreak

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Thanks @Buckeye Amps ! I ll try myself at option 3. Tabs should arrive next week. ( I will not post a subjective experience with new tabs)
  8. FlyingFreak

$30K Budget - On the quest for my "end game" speaker

You guys do like to beat a dead horse. I guess it's Sunday... I am getting concerned @MKR will get bored out of this thread. I sure am. OP is aware listening to all those speakers in his room, blind, with same positioning and hight from floor tweeter adjusted if relevant, 5 seconds max...
  9. FlyingFreak

Best Guitarists Evah!!!

Only guitarist I make sure to go see if he comes around is Estas Tonne.
  10. FlyingFreak

Dan D’Agostino ... What the world needs now is a $250,000 power amplifier ...

I imagine the market for that kind of nonsense to be exclusively made out of flamboyant narcissists and sociopaths and interior designers to people with no f given money who get a fat commission for anything they buy carefully hand select and installed for their clients. I m such a plebeian, I...
  11. FlyingFreak

Kef R Meta Series Release

Yep. Wouldn’t work without them. Nicely played Kef!
  12. FlyingFreak

Kef R Meta Series Release

I just bought a pair of speakers and feel totally happy with them. And yet those blue R3s… Thats just mean. How could I not? self control isn’t going to cut it.
  13. FlyingFreak

How to choose a new TV.

@Terry Stahly With those kind of sizes I would prefer a projector than a tv, wondering what makes you prefer going for a tv?
  14. FlyingFreak

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Hi there, I got a pair of those cause I spent too much time on this forum ... and am now confronted to the fact that my beloved Westone UM2 are really terrible sounding lil things. However, in terms of comfort, the UM2 with their tiny canal is sooooooo much better than those large ones on the...
  15. FlyingFreak

I will bring a tape measure next time! Thanks for making me think of that. Subs run off the floor you say? Where can I find reading material/implementation of that? I shall pay attention to punctuation, thanks !
  16. FlyingFreak

@MKR I lost track... I know Kefs are still on the list but I dont remember you mentioning whether you found a way to listen to them? And as I am here, is the next listening session this weekend or the next one? Here, I'll go back to best buy on my own soonish to listen again to the KEF (and...
  17. FlyingFreak

Technical explanation of Atmos and DTS:X?

Found one great talk about atmos on YouTube! its in French though …
Top Bottom