Search results

1. R

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

Yes. This is from the manual:
  2. R

Redirection on using an asr link...

Thank you Amir! I can confirm that disabling the "Site Privacy Protection" is resolving the issue for me.
  3. R

Redirection on using an asr link...

Since a few weeks, my Firefox browser (Linux) does not open certain threads in the forum any more. This happens only for a few threads, e.g. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/chord-mojo-2-review-portable-dac-hp-amp.34160/unread...
  4. R

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

There are A/B switches that can be used to switch between different pairs of loudspeakers. The same switches can also be used to connect either one of the amplifier outputs to the loudspeakers.
  5. R

Anybody using an RME ADI2 with an minidsp SHD?

RME ADI-2 pro(SPDIF or TOSlink output) -> SHD(analog XLR output channel 1,2) -> Genelec SHD(analog output channel 3,4) -> Subwoofer It seems that the Genelec speakers also have a digital input, but DAC from SHD is...
  6. R

The ADI-2 pro is the pre-amp and it is also used for source selection. miniDSP Flex is used as crossover, equalizer and DAC. Topping PA5 is the amplifier for the Elac DBR62 speakers. Active subwoofer connected to Flex. Since Topping PA5 can switch between two different sources, I can...
  7. R

From the ADI-2 pro manual: In one setup that I am using, I have the ADI-2 pro connected to miniDSP Flex through SPDIF. That allows me to use features such as Bass/Treble/Loudness/Crossfeed from ADI-2 pro and the equalization and crossover from miniDSP Flex. When tuning equalization with REW, a...
  8. R

Some "interesting" claims by Pro-Ject re: their new CD transport box...

I do not have any of the more expensive DVD or Blue-ray players that you could connect directly to a (pre-)amplifier. However, my optical drives in the computer produce quite some noise when playing DVDs. The CD player is silent though when playing CDs.
  9. R

Some "interesting" claims by Pro-Ject re: their new CD transport box...

A bit expensive with 399 Euros for a simple CD player. But I have bought that CD player because it is the smallest one available right now, and it just fits into the space that I have available for that. Display and remote are ok. It needs to be switched off/on through the remote or the switch...
  10. R

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

Ok, I made some small progress. I have tried all configurations for Flex which are available in PulseAudio. Input configurations from Flex are all available as "Multichannel Input". With this input configuration, I see two input devices as shown in the figure above. On the "Monitor of miniDSP...
  11. R

Oooops, you are right, I was interpreting the question wrongly. So it is about the USB output. For that matter, the type of input is probably not relevant at all. Therefore, I was checking now the Flex USB output with a source connected to Flex SPDIF. With Linux, I could not get the signal from...
  12. R

All versions of Flex have analog inputs. Digital Flex and unbalanced Flex have RCA inputs, balanced version of Flex have XLR input with a TRS jack. Therefore, it seems that the question is whether turntable phono can be connected to one of these inputs directly. Flex can have the filters...
  13. R

The IR codes for Flex are also available in the manual page 28. Following a support request with miniDSP, they have confirmed that they are in contact with Logitech to have the IR codes added in their database. Following a support request with Logitech, they have claimed yesterday (21 February)...
  14. R

The advise from miniDSP is for the output, see TRS to RCA
  15. R

End to end applies only to the digital version, which is not yet available. The manual tells that the output has samples at 48 kHz when Dirac is used: "The sample rate on the digital outputs is 96 kHz if using the miniDSP-2x4-HD plugin (without Dirac Live) and 48 kHz if using the DDRC-24 plugin...
  16. R

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Yes, I also find some of the discussions in this thread weird, e.g. saying that PA5 is only 20W while this is clearly not the case. Anyway, the review from Amir is to be trusted and very clear. With some technical background one can discard much of the criticism in this thread. I have bought PA5...
Top Bottom