Search results

1. Undefinition

HiVi Swans OS 10 - my review

A few weeks ago, I was alerted by some people in the community that HiVi-Swans sells a commercially-available speaker that bears an uncanny resemblance to the Overnight Sensations. I decided to buy a pair, tear them down, and share my thoughts on the subject...
  2. Undefinition

My DAC has a VU meter. Your argument is invalid.

That sounds awesome. Do you have any details on that build? ... also, "your argument is invalid" is just a old timey meme. https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/your-argument-is-invalid I've been online for way too long.
  3. Undefinition

My DAC has a VU meter. Your argument is invalid.

I've been running Volumio for 2 years or so. I had a Behringer UA202 on-hand (I think it came with a guitar interface I own), so that's what I used for a DAC. I never was really wowed by the UA202. Sure it's wayy better than the analog out of a Raspberry Pi, but that's about all I can say. I...
  4. Undefinition

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

Yes, sadly, as time goes on, I'm noticing less and less apps recognizing the ChromeCast audios in my house. The regular ChromeCasts always show up, though. So it goes.
  5. Undefinition

Auto-mute on DACs - please make it stop!

I'm not sure if "auto-mute" is the correct term for it. But you know like how a lot of Bluetooth devices will gate to silence if there is no sound, and then when the sound starts back up, there's a delay of a second or so? It's infuriating, but I assume there must be some sort of reason for...
  6. Undefinition

Help me pick a new receiver

I've noticed those Denon's seem to have gotten high marks. I'll keep an eye out for them. I don't really need anything to be new. And I don't really need room correction. I AM the room correction :p https://sites.google.com/site/undefinition/diy
  7. Undefinition

I have. And the price is fine. I was just wondering if this is an opportunity to have a new faceplate to look at ;)
  8. Undefinition

I had someone ask me the other day what kind of amps I like to use, and I think they were expecting me to name-drop bleeding-edge or boutique names, but honestly I like to use mid-fi equipment a lot of the time. And I think the big reason for that is that I design for a "common denominator."...
  9. Undefinition

For the last dozen or so years, my workhorse has been a NAD T744. No it wasn't the beefiest receiver out there, but it claimed like 70 Watts, with headroom to like 110 Watts or something. Unfortunately the display is developing a nasty flicker and I think it may be a sign to retire it. (Yes...
Top Bottom