Search results

1. A

Just fired up my first ever Hifi set-up. It's OK?

Hi ASR, After nearly a year of reading and learning, I finally took delivery of all components of a new system and have music going: Raspberry Pi 400 running Volumio & streaming Tidal Connect Hifi> Schiit Bifrost 2/64 > Topping Pre90 > VTV Purifi 1ET400A w/ stock Hypex buffer > Focal Chora...
  2. A

Understanding a Speaker's Recommended Amp Spec.

Hi ASR, I’m interested in getting a 2 channel amp for some Chora 826 speakers I’m planning to buy and I don’t quite understand the speaker's amp recommendations. The Chora is 8 Ohm nominal and 2.9 Ohm minimum with a amp recommendation of 40/250W. I am considering a Buckeye amp, but don't...
  3. A

First Hi-Fi System

Hi, After several months of meticulously navigating the world of online hifi, I've come up with the following system: Paradigm700F floorstanders - $1700 Hypex UCD180 - 180W kit from Madisound - $549 Schitt Modius DAC - $200 Raspberry Pi with Volumnio and Roon - ~$70 Schitt Freya S pre-amp -...
  4. A

WYR? AES v. SPDIF Coax - Pi2AES v DigiOne Sig.

Would you rather? Pi2AES AES Digital Output or DigiOne Signature COAX SPDIF output
  5. A

RF Noise - Optical vs Coax (Source to DAC)

Hi, Wanted to ask if there is any merit to the thinking at Sonore about having a streaming endpoint separated from the music server via an optical cable. The idea being that the fiber line prevents transmission of any RF noise from the "dirty" computer server to the streaming endpoint / DAC...
Top Bottom