Search results

1. Mehdiem

Significance of Gain Adjustment (NAD C298+RME ADI)

How to I know if the voltage is high or not? I connected NODE to feed RME, and this is all my setup. Btw, what S/N stands for?
  2. Mehdiem

Significance of Gain Adjustment (NAD C298+RME ADI)

Hello folks, I am using RME ADI-2 FS as a DAC/Preamp feeding my power amp NAD C298. My amp has a gain control from -20dB to 0dB. In my current setting, I kept the amp gain at 0 and my RME volume is around -40 to -50 db. Im wondering if it’s better to lower the gain in my amp and increase the...
  3. Mehdiem

LS50 S2 Stand Questions: (1) How to fill with Sand (2) Should I mount or not?

From rubber feet (sorry for misspelling) mean those round small rubbers that come with LS50Meta to be used when you don’t bolt them. What I meant was that do you see any difference in sound quality when you bolt them vs. when you don’t bolt and place them on the stand standing on their own...
  4. Mehdiem

Interesting that I had the same logic, when purchasing them (told myself that KEF engineers intended this for bolting and they are not crazy to design it otherwise). Background; Prior to this stand I had B&W STAV24 S2. Once I placed my LS50META with original padding on S2 I was amazed, how...
  5. Mehdiem

What’s your take on mounting with screws? Or using original rubber fit? Have you tried them both?
  6. Mehdiem

Funny enough, I asked my seller for KEF inert filler, and he honestly told me “just use sand, everybody uses sand!”
  7. Mehdiem

Interesting view about height of the filler! What about mounting speaker to stand with screws, does that provide any sonic benefit? Or disadvantages?
  8. Mehdiem

Hi. I recently purchased S2 stands for my LS50 Meta. I have two questions. Question 1 (A) I am planning to fill the stand column with dry sand. I’m wondering how much sand (i.e. weight in kilogram or lbs) would be ideal for each individual stand? I purchased 20lbs dry sand from Pet Smart. (B)...
  9. Mehdiem

My Kingdom For A Remote Volume Knob! can this be made?

If someone can integrate this Hue Tap Dial to Infrared, that would be the end of the game for me. I need infrared because I want to control the volume from preamp. I used to control volume with Symfinisk very nicely when I had Sonos Port, but I see a lot more benefit to control not from streamer...
  10. Mehdiem

Awesome. Sounds promising. I will contact them. If I can reduce the price by dropping the wood part, I might drop the Raspberry Pi project which costs me about $400CAD including programming and device cost (Pi+Dial)
  11. Mehdiem

Interesting. I am very interested. I want it to control my RME DAC which is my pre-amp. Do you know how would they capture the remote signals? I was hoping there is a way that I could program it myself so I won’t be dependant on them in future if I want to change my preamp. Also, do you know if...
  12. Mehdiem

These ones (Monogram) looks nice, they are not wireless though https://www.instagram.com/p/Cic5PsDMVBj/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
  13. Mehdiem

I don’t use Roon and I was hoping I could control the volume of my preamp using Surface by sending signal through Pi. I’m now speaking with a raspberry pi developer through Fiverr. He is supposed to help me achieve this and would charge me $100. -Use Pi to learn IR code from my preamp -Use...
  14. Mehdiem

I’m still confused about how normalization works? Sometimes it messed up and bring the average volume to a different level specially when I listen to random songs on random playlists, I could never get use to it. Tell me your secret.
  15. Mehdiem

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

If two digital sources can suffice, I highly recommend RME ADI-2 DAC. For the following reason; (1) great headphone amp (2) you will get parametric EQ (3) great sounding DAC. Here is my setup: Node, RME, NAD C298, KEF LS50. Edit: You can get output from your computer to RME, through USB, and...
  16. Mehdiem

I didn't know they are audiophile-grade A/B switches. Can you introduce some good ones?
  17. Mehdiem

How many sources do you have and what type they are? In other words how many input and what types of input do you need on your pre-amp?
  18. Mehdiem

I’m using RME-ADI-2 DAC as a pre-amp (given that I only need 1 input - coming from my streamer Node)
Top Bottom