Search results

1. J

No sound from amplifier (Cambridge AXR-100)

I've had this amplifier for a little over 3 years. I have a pair of Klipsch floor speakers connected to it. Last time I used my system was a month ago. I then went on vacation and since I came back, there is no sound from the stereo. I have tried connecting the speakers to a different amplifier...
  2. J

Can't install amp in new car?

Not sure if this is the right forum. Either way, I have a Chinese JAC j7 car that I purchased brand new last year. I wanted to upgrade the audio system with an amplifier and new speakers. But the guy at JAC who sold me the car told me that the amplifier could not be exchanged without breaking...
  3. J

Emotiva Airmotiv B1+ - Sounds like sh*t

I just got these speakers after reading the reviews and measurements here. I don't like them. They hurt my ears. I have tried reducing treble using eq but they are still bright. It feels like they are thin and sharp. No style of music sounds good. I have them connected to an AIYAMA A07 amp and a...
  4. J

Bookshelfs that sound like Sennheiser HD650?

I personally can't stand ear-piercing treble, so my favorite pair of headphones are the Sennheiser HD650. They are opposite of V-shaped (so low bass, high mids, low treble). I want something similar with speakers. Basically, I want to listen at high volumes without destroying my hearing or...
  5. J

Sell my Klipsch RF-8000F?

Last year I bought a pair of Klipsch RF-8000F floor speakers to stand in my (large) living room. Unfortunately, even though I have treated the room with lots of sound and bass absorbing panels, along with plants, paintings, rugs and you name it... it still echos and has terrible acoustics. Music...
  6. J

Should I get a (dedicated) amp?

I am using the Sennheiser HD 650. I currently have two setups: 1. Topping E30 DAC + Douk U3 Amp ($40 on Amazon) 2. TempoTec Sonata HD Pro II I can't really hear any difference in sound quality between the two. If anything, I think things may sound better using just the Sonata (I think my Douk...
  7. J

Do I need to buy a DAC?

Right now I have a Cambridge Audio AXR100 amplifier (with "built-in DAC") paired with two Klipsch RP-8000F floor speakers. I want to start using this system connected to my PC inside my home office. But since my amplifier doesn't have a USB connection, it seems I have two options: 1. Purchase...
Top Bottom