Search results

1. ChalupaRiddems

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Do we have a methodology for evaluating multichannel room correction?
  2. ChalupaRiddems

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Wow that’s night and day from the video reviews I’ve seen. Seems like the calibration process didn’t converge properly? You gave it every chance to work. Let us know what Sony says… perhaps they’ll push for an exchange with a new microphone. Any chance there was EM interference on the...
  3. ChalupaRiddems

Thanks for the link! That page didn’t appear when I searched for “Sony” on their Partners Page
  4. ChalupaRiddems

I found a discrepancy- Sony says this product is “Roon Tested” but it’s not listed on Roon Lab’s Partner Page. This suggests that Roon hasn’t tested it. Maybe Sony did some testing themselves? If so, that’s probably a trademark problem. It does support AirPlay2 and DLNA, so I’m sure Roon can...
  5. ChalupaRiddems

Emotiva Introduces BasX MR1 Home Theater Receiver

Yeah emoQ vs Dirac was surprising to me. Also the relatively old HDMI standard. It seems designed to be used as a glorified sound bar, relying on eARC. Still, I'd be interested to see it tested properly. I'm in the market for a 11 + 2 processor/amp/receiver and the options just seem to be all...
  6. ChalupaRiddems

Emotiva XMC-2 AVP Review (Sample 2)

Anybody try out the 3.1 firmware?
  7. ChalupaRiddems

Pad Replacement for Oppo PM-3

Did you try these? How did they work? I'm gonna need to run this upgrade on mine soon.
  8. ChalupaRiddems

ASR Review & Measurement Dashboards 2.0

No worries, projects like this are a lot of work. I'm thinking carefully about how to make something that's easy to contribute to.
  9. ChalupaRiddems

I discovered that Amir thoughtfully includes a LICENSE.txt in his measurement files. Picking one at random, it applies the CC-by-nc-sa license. This allows the data to be re-hosted off site without further coordination with anyone, as long as it's non-commercial and the license carries forward...
  10. ChalupaRiddems

I’m interested in helping out with the review index. I have decent data processing skills and have been say dreaming about how to pull together something like this. If ASR needs some help, eager to pitch in here instead of doing my own thing. I’m new to the specific conversation around this. Is...
Top Bottom