Search results

1. L

KEF R3 or R5 or R7 or even R11 (Meta?)

Hey, everybody, my current setup consists of a Lyngdrof TDAI 1120, KEF R3 and REL HT/1508. So far this setup has been in a small room (acoustically treated) where it has worked perfectly. Unfortunately I had to move this setup to the living room which is much larger, L-shaped and not...
  2. L

Will a different center speaker help?

Hello I tried the 800Hz (Fronts) and 1kHz(center) setting and the sound was better/clearer and not so muffled as before. But still the stereo mode gives me much more cinema feeling. The sound in stereo mode has more headroom is crispier and is more room filling. I've also tried the dynamic...
  3. L

At the moment I let audyssey correct my fronts and center "only" to 300Hz (over MultEQ app). I will try how it sounds when I set it to 800Hz and 1kHz. Thank you for the tip.
  4. L

There are 4 pcs. of small and thin foam pads that came with the R2C.
  5. L

So the best solution (with center) would be an R3 center speaker am I understanding it right?
  6. L

P.S. I have the fronts connected in Bi-Amp mode.
  7. L

Thank you for your quick feedback. Dont know if it helps but attached you see the results from Audyssey. When I'm home I will send pictures of my room and setup.
  8. L

Hi everyone, right now I run a 3.1 system (KEF R3+KEF R2C+REL HT 1508) on Denon X3500H and a 4K player (Panasonic UB820) in a small room with basic acoustic treatment. The last thing I've added to my system was the KEF R2C. I've done the audyssey calibration and tried to watch some movies from...
  9. L

How to improve 2-CH sound in Home theater?

Hi, thank you all for your help and feedback. It's great to find a place where people really want to help. I'l try to keep things organised for better understanding and reading. Room acoustic As for now I didn't do any room measures. I see this as the next important step to do with the Umik...
  10. L

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply. I’ve done already some acoustic treatment. For exemple I have 4 thick absorbtion panels on the side walls and an acoustic absorbtion ceiling which is commonly used in public theaters. Attached some pictures. It isn’t perfect but at least I have no echo in my...
  11. L

Hello everyone, I have a decent home theater setup (Denon x3500h + KEF R3 fronts + REL HT/1508). Right now I am streaming music via Spotify—>HEOS and I’m not sure if I’m getting the full potential of my front speakers when listening to music. What do you think? Should I consider add some more...
  12. L

The next upgrade

Thanks again :) There is really no need for a center speaker in my small room. I've tested it. For downmixing I would use my UHD player Panasonic DP-UB820. I just thought that a dedicated 2-CH streamer like the NAD C700 would sound better than a multi-purpose AVR where the focus is set on more...
  13. L

The next upgrade

Thank you for your exhausting reply. I am overall satisfied with my setup right now even if it doesn't look like it :) I was just thinking that maybe some streamer with crossover function like the NAD C700 (I found out today) would do the job better in terms of sound quality and streaming. Plus...
  14. L

The next upgrade

Hi and thank you for your input :-) but what if I want to listen in 2.1 with crossover set to 80Hz and use a hifi streamer or DAC connected to notebook? How would you solve this? Lukas
  15. L

The next upgrade

I see. The reason why I'm holding to my AVR is just because of the crossover function. I've tested an integrated amp (Roksan Attessa Streamer) and in comparison to the Denon the overall sound was much better. The problem is that with some songs the bass was too boomy and loud because the R3's...
  16. L

The next upgrade

Yeah I am using Heos to stream Tidal and I don't use XT32 because the sound is to flat for my taste. I only use the Crossover (80Hz) on the AVR everything else is off. Just wanted to know if a HiFi streamer or DAC Will improve something when it's connected to the AVR.
  17. L

The next upgrade

Yes i have set my AvR to 80Hz. But when I have a streamer or Hifi DAC that goes in my AVR will it be a noticeable upgrade compared to Heos(Tidal) which I am using right now on my Denon?
  18. L

The next upgrade

Hello I wanted to ask what would you add to improve sound quality for music listening from Tidal? Right now I have AVR Denon X3500, Kef R3 and REL HT1508. I would like to keep everything because i watch lots of movies and for this purpose it is perfect. I also like to run the speakers with...
Top Bottom