Search results

1. I

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

Ok, so why would the modi+ filter be insufficient in attenuation? Is that an oversight or was it done for some reason? From what I gather I probably shouldnt worry about it, but seems strange that its that way on an otherwise good dac.
  2. I

Schiit Modi+ DAC Review

What does the filter do in a DAC? I just bought the modi, would I be better off going with a modius? Does the filter make a big difference? If so what?
  3. I

Drop Dan Clark Aeon closed vs open

That makes it easier to decide (going to go for the closed). Thanks for the info. Is the open version better than the 650?
  4. I

Drop Dan Clark Aeon closed vs open

Any advice of which to get? Im leaning toward the closed as i do have open back, HD650, already. What are the differences between the Aeon closed/Aeon open? Thanks in advance.
  5. I

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

Good to know. I have dynaudio focus 260 that are about 87 db i believe. My room is half that at 32 sq m. So its probably fine. My other option ive found since could be...
  6. I

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

It also has analog in which im actually using still. Can i ask what speakers youre powering? Im just wondering if id need a more powerful amp…at least it has the option with analog out.
  7. I

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

I had looked at that. Unfortunately i also need dlna/spotify/bluetooth/chromecast for the family.
  8. I

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

Thats exactly what i needed to know! Thanks for the info. The NAD only has one sub out and its dirac basic afaik. The lyngdorf would be the better choice in that case. The anthem is out of my price range either way :-).
  9. I

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

Which anthem integrated? Does it have room correction? Coming back to this as well because im also considering the new NAD c 3050. Has dirac with the appropriate module and around the same price as the lyngdorf. I also like its look. Any thoughts on which would be better?
  10. I

Matching preamp/amp

Great info thanks everyone. I really just wasnt sure if it was something i needed to worry about as i only ever bought from same company before. And i guess the only issue would be as per @DVDdoug, the oposite problem, pre having no headroom and not utilizing amps potential.
  11. I

Matching preamp/amp

I have to admit I don't really know how the output voltage and input sensitivity works on components. So I ordered a Topping DX5 for my computer to output to my Sennheisers. I have speakers in the office as well that are in need of an amp. I'm considering...
  12. I

Lyngdorf TDAI 1120

Are the measurements any good based on the article here: https://www.soundstagenetwork.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2591:lyngdorf-audio-tdai-1120-integrated-amplifier-dac&catid=97:amplifier-measurements&Itemid=154 I'd like to get room correction for my living room audio...
  13. I

Best possible replacement pads for HD650’s in 2022?

Drop.com has for their 6xx (which is essentially the 650). Its where i bought mine.
  14. I

Focal Aria 906 Speaker Review

a bit late but nice review. it hurts to see how cheap stuff is in US and EU. These are almost 3k in canada. Theres a pair on canuckaudiomart for 1700 but i still feel thats a bit steep for a bedroom system. Maybe the evo 65 would be better but not as stylish.
  15. I

NORDOST TYR 2 Review (Coax Cable)

I got a monoprice bnc cable for 20$ cad and i thought it was too much
  16. I

Amp recommendations

OH I see...use the BNC to RCA adapter on the digital out to the coax on the MinisDSP. Ya that can work! Using 2 remotes isn't the end of the world. That could work. And then I'd finally have access to room EQ like you mentioned. Good ideas. (I didn't really want an emotiva :p )
  17. I

Amp recommendations

I like the functionality of the UnitiQute2. I've had it a long time and got it because of its streaming capabilities before that really became mainstream afaik. But I know BlueOS is really good so dont mind changing it up. I was looking at some second hand NAD 368/388. If i can find a second...
  18. I

Amp recommendations

I'm hoping this wouldn't be my only solution, yet every amp I've looked at seems to have gain lower than 29db. Another option would be to just replace it entirely. Maybe get a NAD M10. Its got Ncore amplification...so better than the 368/388 which use UcD by Hypex right?
  19. I

Amp recommendations

I've been wanting to try something more powerful for the living room. The speakers are 87 db, and I feel like while the NAP is great most of the time, more power might help. If the preamp out ends up making the decision too difficult, I'm not totally against changing it as well. But then I'd...
Top Bottom