Search results

1. Tassin

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

HP = haut-parleur = French for loudspeaker Best to use DeepL for translations.
  2. Tassin

Canton Reference 2023 - is it now Reference grade?

Can you share the measurements? I really like their looks, but don't want to buy without having looked at the measurements.
  3. Tassin

Can anyone tell me about the Canton 9 k reference

Very nice of you to give an update after 2+ years. The Reference 2023 line sure looks very nice. I wish I could could find measurements somewhere ...
  4. Tassin

High frequency response, how important is it?

Not too bad, I think. My limit, at the same age, is 13.9-14 kHz. My neighbour just turned 60. I tested his hearing last year: limit ±9.5 kHz.
  5. Tassin

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

I once met a guy who tasted olive oil like a wine connoisseur. Wouldn't really believe it at first, but then he demonstrated his skills. He was blindfolded and tasted different olive oils and managed to describe exactly what kind of olive oils each was and ... he also gave a correct estimation...
  6. Tassin

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

A consolidation of all debunked myths. So we can refer to these articles, rather than having to explain over and again in every discussion.
  7. Tassin

Amp or all in one to replace my Devialet 200

It is indeed Class amps A that run hot due to their inefficiency. A well designed Class D amp won't run hot thanks to its +90% efficiency (less than 10% can be converted into heat. I recently measured the temperature of my Class D amplifier with a professional thermal camera and after a day's...
  8. Tassin

Some days everything just sounds better

Not maybe, but definitely. Friday evening, a work week has come to a satisfactory end and all is done and dusted. All tension has flown away and then ... listening to music can be so much more enjoyable. Conversely, even likeable music can annoy me if I'm not in a good mood. Anyone who...
  9. Tassin

Speaker Cable Ad Fail

Attachment not available ...
  10. Tassin

Poll: Speakers closer to which wall(s)?

Next poll about actual distances?
  11. Tassin

Poll: How do you primarily listen to audio at home?

Hmm, other way 'round here. Other residents' noise disturbs my 2.1 listening.
  12. Tassin

Internet radio stations

First impression is that JB might stream a couple dB louder.
  13. Tassin

Part 2: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-lyngdorf-roomperfect-eq.6799/
  14. Tassin

The Lyngdorf TDAI-3400, that is on your list, can cope with 40A and will easily drive your low impedance speakers. RoomPerfect is so easy to use and offers great results without altering the characteristics of your speakers. And with the multiple, editable voicings you can adjust the sound to...
  15. Tassin

Rugs

Two shaggy carpets have audibly improved the FR and thus SQ in my room. Confirmed by REW measurements.
  16. Tassin

I measured 10 subwoofers.

I have nothing to complain about. Once set up, you can leave it as it is. No need for physical controls. App is fine and responsive. All I use it for is to switch between Music setting and Custom setting when watching an action movie. A friend of mine has two DB3D. So, I've heard how fabulous...
  17. Tassin

Extreme Snake Oil

Con man A.J. van den Hul has found a way to avoid being exposed by ASR: You cannot measure ... The Extender. Bravo.
  18. Tassin

What advice you wish you could have given to your younger self or someone new to this hobby?

So, you would rather look at speakers with a crossover at 1.500-1.900 Hz or 2.700-2.900 Hz?
  19. Tassin

What advice you wish you could have given to your younger self or someone new to this hobby?

What is your definition of "presence region"? 1-3 kHz, 2-4 kHz, 4-6kHz, ... ? Just wondering, since some use different ranges to define it.
Top Bottom